PDA

View Full Version : 1500 pt Calgar

RedWidow
02-03-2011, 12:12 PM
Marneus Calgar w/armor of...

2x Tactical Squad w/rocket, flamer, PW (sgt)

Tactical Squad w/rocket, flamer, powerfist

Landraider Redeemer w/multi-melta

Devastator Squad w/4 heavy bolters

Devastator Squad w/4 rockets

Little bit simple (and some will say boring) but should be basically able to stand its own. Bit if anti-armor, plenty of anti-personnel, and Mr. Calgar to remove leadership from the game?

Comments? Questions? Brutality?

RedWidow
02-03-2011, 12:13 PM
Am considering a std. SM Captain in place of Calgar and an assault squad w/plasma pistol and powerfist.

???

Smotku
02-03-2011, 08:47 PM
I like the ol' God of War but he is a little pricey at this points level for what he brings. I would condider a well equiped captain or chapter master if you intend to be a primarily shooty army. The only problem I see is if face an opponent that you need to rpidly advance upon. you dont have much rapid mobilty. I would add a least one rhino. Your army is great if your opponent comes to you.

Also think a lascannon or two would be in order. Where you put them is up to you.

Tynskel
02-03-2011, 08:52 PM
since there is no reason for the Teleport Homer, nor to teleport him, I'd ditch the armor of anticholes. He doesn't need it--- he has 4 wounds. This means he can chase squads down and ride in different vehicles. Think about reorganizing the list this way, and you'll find him much more useful.