PDA

View Full Version : 1500 pts IG boot camp list.

Vorlon
08-30-2009, 04:20 PM
Greets 40k people.
Im trying to put together a 1500ish point "learn to play IG" list. I would like to focus on infantry tactics with heavy support (russ's or artillery) and maybe a valk or two because I love the model. My local hobby store set up a few noob nights for me and a couple others to learn the basics but crafting the actual list is a bit more challenging than I thought. Thanks for any advice!

PS. Yes I know IG is one of the least forgiving armies out but I would rather have my *** handed to me for the 50 games and have a blast than play an army I dont like as much and stand more of a chance.

Schnitzel
08-30-2009, 04:45 PM
I'd start off at a lower point value first to be honest...
Try going Chimera Vet Squads. That seems to be a fairly effective build, and it seems pretty straight forward too if you ask me.
I'm building up my own IG army in increments of 500pts. Considering the majority of it will be made of expensive conversions though, starting so low is reasonable for me.

Chumbalaya
08-30-2009, 05:12 PM
Yep, start small and get familiar with the game system. Once you understand how the game works, build an army that best accomplishes what you need it to do within the system.

Lord Inquisitor
08-30-2009, 09:41 PM
I'd suggest a few Russes, I'd choose between the Battle Cannon, Demolisher, and Executioner. Get at least one Valkyrie. I like to throw melta vets with Bastonne in it. And then take a whole lot of Guardsmen!

Vorlon
08-30-2009, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the info! I think I will scale it down to 500ish points. Eventually I want to branch out and add DH to the mix.

Thanks for the great info! Keep it coming!