PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer Expansion on the way

eldargal
02-02-2011, 10:09 AM
From Harry and BramGaunt on Warseer (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291675), reliable sources for the most part:

I heard that midsummer will feature a Warhammerexpansion wit ha ton of new miniatures for several different armies.

There is a 'Warhammerexpansion' in the summer. But I think "ha ton of new miniatures for several armies" might be over cooking it a bit.

BramGaunt went on to say its not Warhammer Forge as some people were claiming.

novatomato
02-02-2011, 11:24 AM
Intriguing, I will most certainly be eager to hear more about this expansion.

DrLove42
02-03-2011, 04:37 AM
This a new trend out of GW? Releasing "add-ons" to the standard game during the summer, with models for all instead of just one codex? What with spearhead and the "summer of fliers" (hope that gets a better name soon) for 40k, now this for fantasy?

If it is i'm a fan cos it means armies that won't see an update for an age get some love to last them the year before they get redone....

Warp
02-03-2011, 05:14 AM
Hmmm, interesting stuff, with both Warhammer Forge and potentially a new expansion it's shaping up to be a good year (again) for Fantasy.

eldargal
02-03-2011, 06:56 AM
A little more from BramGaunt:

I would, but a few things hinder me.

1st: There's at least 1 fantasy release ahead of this one, and that's OnG (and, if my sources are right this time, Tombkings in may, though I have my doubts), and I find it unfair to pull attention away from these, because they deserve it (both, if my source is correct)

2nd: I don't know jack =D Only that it is supposed to come thy 6th or 7th month of the year 2011 aD, and that we can expect several sets of plastic miniatures. That's about it.

Albavar
02-03-2011, 09:21 AM
I had heard TK before September. If that's May, great. If not, so be it. I've been waiting years for it. A few more months won't kill me (again?).

Warp
02-04-2011, 01:13 AM
A little more from BramGaunt:

I like how the rumour guys tend to phrase their answers like Nostradamus.

Albavar
02-04-2011, 06:58 AM
Keeps 'em from getting sued. Ask Chapterhouse about it sometime...

cerebros
02-12-2011, 03:52 AM
I'll believe this when I see it. Do a search on Warseer and you'll find lots of people saying that there were going to be be campaign releases (such as the multi-army cavalry wave) for WFB in the summer for the past few years.

eldargal
02-12-2011, 03:58 AM
Well, you should take that approach with all rumours, its not happening until GW say it is. But you can take the skepticism too far, like the people who said Dark Eldar were not getting an update as late as GDUK last year. Fact is we have several reliable rumourmongers saying this is happening, ditto the flyers expansion for 40k. Things change but at this point I'd say it is likely as not.

Artein
02-12-2011, 05:57 AM
there were going to be be campaign releases (such as the multi-army cavalry wave) for WFB in the summer for the past few years.
Yeah, Nagash campaign is coming this year.... or the next one....
Since 2000. :rolleyes: