PDA

View Full Version : Skorchas out of a Battlewagon

Dominic
02-01-2011, 02:22 AM
Hiya,

I was wondering I had a unit of 10 Burnas in a Battlewagon, could just place one template, work out the wounds by (number of models hit x number of skorchas) as I cant seem to find a rule saying that when firing templates out of an open topped transport, then cant be placed in exactly the same position as the previous.

Edit: Sorry about calling Burnas Skorchas in the title :S

somerandomdude
02-01-2011, 02:32 AM
Not only is that allowed, but it's required (basically) as you have to cover as many models as possible. If one spot allows you to cover 7 and that's the most, all of the other ones would have to cover 7 as well, since it's possible.

steelmage99
02-01-2011, 03:49 AM
There isn't a rule that says you can't place them in the same spot. The rules of WH40K doesn't work like that.

There is a rule saying you can place it anywhere on an open-topped vehicle, and there is the rule Somerandomdude refers to.

justsam
02-01-2011, 04:18 AM
this is at the heart of the firetrukk. and real pros max out their burna boyz at 15, because you can inflict 90 or so wounds if you get in range, per round of shooting.

Tynskel
02-01-2011, 09:16 AM
There isn't a rule that says you can't place them in the same spot. The rules of WH40K doesn't work like that.

There is a rule saying you can place it anywhere on an open-topped vehicle, and there is the rule Somerandomdude refers to.

yeah, you can put it anywhere that allows you to cover as many models as possible. Most likely, you'll only be able to place the template one way.

The open-topped rule doesn't override the template weapon rules.