PDA

View Full Version : Recycling sprues

jorz192
01-30-2011, 06:11 PM
Is there a way to recycle the plastic sprues that models come on?

I feel like there has to be a better way to get rid of them other than throw them away.

lobster-overlord
01-30-2011, 06:14 PM
check with your local trash pickup. Some areas do recycle polystyrene and the like.

John M.

wittdooley
01-30-2011, 06:17 PM
Is there a way to recycle the plastic sprues that models come on?

I feel like there has to be a better way to get rid of them other than throw them away.

Wargames Factory does an "Old Soldiers Recycling Program" Here's the link:

http://www.wargamesfactory.com/Recycle

Grailkeeper
01-30-2011, 06:39 PM
Chop them into tiny pieces and rough those pieces up a bit et voila- instant rubble basing material, longer lenghts can be twisted metal

It won't solve your problem but every little helps

Arch_Bishop
01-30-2011, 06:43 PM
Apart from using it for terrain (as was already mentioned), which is really good by the way, you can use chunks of sprue as agitators for your paints; works a treat.

Also, recycling plastic is pretty pointless in the first place, so don't feel too bad. I am fairly 'conscious' of trying to reuse materials, most of my terrain is made from bits and pieces that would of ended up in the bin.

In short, try and find practical uses for it (terrain, etc), rather than just recycling it in the conventional sense.

Brass Scorpion
01-30-2011, 07:08 PM
Is there a way to recycle the plastic sprues that models come on? I feel like there has to be a better way to get rid of them other than throw them away.I recycle all my plastic sprues at home and I know others who do the same. If they take plastic in your locale then toss it in the recycle collection bin with the rest.

jorz192
01-30-2011, 07:33 PM
Thanks gentlemen...

DarkLink
01-30-2011, 08:32 PM
Here's an even better way:
http://www.easternfringe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6739

HsojVvad
01-30-2011, 10:23 PM
Why not use them up as fences? They make great wooden fences if you need them. So many uses for them.

Also if you want to recyle them, just put them in the recyling bin? Do you recyle plastic water and pop bottles? Put them in there. Otherwise, keep them and use them as was said before, terrian, fences, pipes, stir sticks.