PDA

View Full Version : 1500pt IG tourny list

Dorsai
01-30-2011, 10:32 AM
Okay, so I have a tourny coming up on the 5th and I've had this list set up for about a month. Play tested it against a Templar player and managed to win on kill points. Problem is, now that the tourny is so close, I'm starting to second guess myself. It also denotes a major shift in tactics for me as I usually take very infantry heavy lists with lots of heavy weapon squads. I'm looking for tips or tweaks.

Command Squad in carapace armor
Commander with bolter and power fist
Medi-pak
Plasmagun
Lascannon Team
Astropath
Officer of the Fleet
in Chimera with multi-las, heavy flamer, heavy stubber and cammo netting

Veteran squad with demolitions, 3 MG, Sergeant with bolt pistol and power fist

Veteran squad with forward sentries, 3GL, Autocannon team, sergeant with laspistol and CCW

Vendetta

Vendetta

LR Executioner with plasma cannon sponsons

LR Executioner with plasma cannon sponsons

Manticore with camo netting, heavy flamer and heavy stubber.

Comes to 1499pts.

I usually outflank the vedettas with the vet in them, however this time I'm think leave the sentries behind and have on outflank empty, or deploy it empty. Leave the Chimera still as much as possible to take advantage of the netting, yet close to the Manticore to provide cover from deepstrikes.

ElCheezus
01-31-2011, 12:47 PM
CCS: this needs house cleaning. What is it's main role? It looks like you want to sit still and fire the LasCannon. In that case, you don't need the Medi-pack, the Plasma Gun, the boltpistol, or the PF. You can probably cut the Astropath if you don't outflank the Vendettas. I personally don't like outflanking them, because that's a lot of firepower that could have been shooting those turns that they're waiting to come in from reserves. In objectives games, the Officer of the Fleet can actually help your opponent bring on units to take or contest objectives without you getting a chance to shoot them.

Ultimately, you're spending a lot of points on a CCS that wants to sit in the backfield and only fire a LasCannon.

I highly suggest another troops choice at 1500. In fact, I know people who swear by taking at least four troops units at 1500, but I think you can pull of 3 if you're somewhat conservative.

Your veterans have more upgrades than they need, mainly the doctrines, the bolt pistol and the PF.

I disagree with Heavy Stubbers in general, but they're okay for spending a few extra points.

The LR Executioners and Plamsa Sponsons. . . the most expensive LR with the most expensive sponsons. I personally don't take the sponsons when I run these, because I play a very mobile force. If you keep the LRs mobile, then you don't get to fire all of the sponsons, which feels like a waste of points to me. If you want to keep them stationary most of the time, that's up to you whether or not the sponsons are efficient enough, it just depends on how you play them.

If I cut the things from your list that I think are excessive or not needed, here's what's left:

CCS, LasCannon, Chimera: 125

Vets 3x Melta: 100
Vets 3x Plasma: 115

Vendetta: 130
Vendetta: 130

LR Executioner w/ Plasma Sponsons: 230
LR Executioner w/ Plasma Sopnsons: 230
Manticore: 160

After "trimming the fat," that leaves the list at 1220 points by my calculations, just by taking off upgrades. IG units are so efficent and cheap at their base, upgrades are usually only going to bloat your list *away* from being efficient.

Your force at the moment looks pretty stationary, with a little flexibility provided by the Vendettas. I would invest your leftover points on more Veterans, and Chimeras for as many Vets as you can afford. Then you'll have a pretty heavy mech list, with AV 12 saturation and a little more safety and mobility. I'd also look into changing your CCS's role from stationary backfield to special weaopns platform, similar to your Vets. That might be stretching thin on points, though. Give that a shot and see what you like.