PDA

View Full Version : Forgeworld IA: Volume 1&2 Errata

Bigred
08-30-2009, 10:54 AM
Lots of unit changes in these 2 BIG .pdf errata files.

IA Volume 1 (IG) (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/pdf/IA1update28AUG.pdf)
IA Volume 2 (SM & WH/DH) (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/pdf/IA2Update28Aug.pdf)

Check out the all new Armored Company. Pretty cool.

mcl
08-30-2009, 12:57 PM
The Armoured Battlegroup looks fantastic.

And the Conqueror is updated - no lumbering for that LR!

Disappointed the Vanquisher has lost the alternative round. AT only now it seems.

PalinMoonstride
08-30-2009, 02:44 PM
Sister of battle rhinos are listed for 35 points now finally. Could this be used in normal games now considering their old codex lists them for 50 still?

mcl
08-30-2009, 03:24 PM
Perhaps I am missing it, but where are the indicated inter-list dependencies? Where is that explained?

clkeagle
08-30-2009, 04:25 PM
There are some interesting bits in the Space Marine Vehicles compared to versions 1.0 and 1.1. The Land Raider Prometheus has been completely reworked, and the transport capacities in the Land Raider and Drop Pod have been reduced back to ten models.

PalinMoonstride, it depends where you play and who you play against. I mainly play with friends rather than at stores, so my group has no problem using these as standard rules in older codices. Which means Black Templars can use Whirlwinds, Dark Angels can use a lascannon/plasmagun Razorback, etc. There's even a Swedish tournament FAQ on the net that mandates the use of this list for most vehicles, rather than the entries that are in the codex.

dashrendar
09-01-2009, 12:53 PM
There are some interesting bits in the Space Marine Vehicles compared to versions 1.0 and 1.1. The Land Raider Prometheus has been completely reworked, and the transport capacities in the Land Raider and Drop Pod have been reduced back to ten models.

yeah, I hope the transport capacity is a misprint and they fix that stuff.

Twilit
09-01-2009, 01:27 PM
My biggest issue with the list is the description of the co-axial weapons. They say they allow a re-roll of the scatter dice. But oh wait. It's an option for the Vanquisher and it doesn't have a template anymore. I'm just going to go ahead and argue for re-rolling the to-hit die as well and don't think anyone is going to argue much on it, but that's a serious oversight, especially for a brand new rule, rather than transport capacities.

FoxPhoenix135
09-01-2009, 01:29 PM
I'm still crossing my fingers and hoping they update the Siege of Vraks lists... I want some simpler Renegade lists.

AshHammer
09-01-2009, 01:47 PM
Yeah! This is actually going to get me to use my Prometheus. Its been hiding in a box since 5th started. Those four up cover saves were killing me. Now, the 12 heavy bolter shots with a negative one to the cover save sound much much better. :)

xynoq
09-01-2009, 01:53 PM
the IA 1 Errata links on the forum and the main BOLS home page are both broken... read the second one fine tho...

Chris*ta
09-04-2009, 12:24 AM
The rules that get me are those for the Salamander Scout. Under the rules in WD 295 it was a fast vehicle.

Nowadays, the Hellhound is a fast vehicle, but the Salamander, which obviously weighs less than the Hellhound, gets the silly Overcharged Engines rule. This rule was silly when the Orks had it, (but kind of made sense, they should be silly) sillier when the Blood Angels have it, and makes no sense at all when the Salamander has it.

I feel that the Salamander should be fast, and have some kind of variant on Lumbering Behemoth, that allows it to fire the main gun in addition to other weapons.

Xas
09-04-2009, 01:30 AM
Yeah! This is actually going to get me to use my Prometheus. Its been hiding in a box since 5th started. Those four up cover saves were killing me. Now, the 12 heavy bolter shots with a negative one to the cover save sound much much better. :)

it is a nice thing but there are 2 other facts that I dont like about the prometheus:

its price compared to the vanilla raider. everywhere 2 tl lascannons would be worth far more than 3 tl heavy bolters but suddenly on a raider you pay 2 seats and 20 points for that upgrade?

second is the fact that you cannot move and fire both full sponsons (since they technically are still 2 weapons each). if they had made them count as one weapon (heavy 6 tl) I'd have loved the vhicle. advance 6", carrying heavy infantry and spit out 12shots yay ^^

TSINI
09-04-2009, 05:56 AM
second to the imperial guard codex, this was the best piece of news i'd heard all year.

my vulture dropped 45 points odd, and gained an armour increase

the salamander points were halved (although i agree with the points raised by Chris*ta about the hellhound being able to have a faster engine so why not the salamander, but i do quite like the idea of a vehicle modified by the crew to go faster, but being a field modification it makes it dodgy)

the earthshaker platform became 11 all round armour with no points increase, and became an artillery piece rather than a vehicle - so i have to model some crew now

all in all, an erratta i for one, was VERY happy to see