PDA

View Full Version : Technical Question about Sweeping Advance and....

Lednera
08-30-2009, 09:11 AM
Yea guys I did not see it in the rule book but if some one has page numbers it would help. Can a Tank do a Sweeping advance after they tank shocked an enemy since they are running away? This question can be expanded to transport type tanks as well.

ColCorbane
08-30-2009, 09:14 AM
I haven't got the rulebook to hand but if my memory serves, after a successful tankshock, the tank then move straight ahead for the remainder of it's movement.

Old_Paladin
08-30-2009, 09:37 AM
The answer is NO!

For two reasons;
first, a vehicle cannot sweep because it does not have an inititive value.
The other, it didn't win a round of close combat.
So a vehicle never gets to break the unit and then run them all down.

It's all on page 40, of the close combat section.

AsgeirArnald
08-30-2009, 09:37 AM
Pg. 68, 6th paragraph in the Tank Shock section. The tank keeps going to the end of its move, no matter the results of the test, possibly tank shocking other units as well.

ColCorbane
08-30-2009, 09:40 AM
Pg. 68, 6th paragraph in the Tank Shock section. The tank keeps going to the end of its move, no matter the results of the test, possibly tank shocking other units as well.

I thought the tank was stopped in it tracks if your opponent pulled off a successful last man thingy (I know, you know, we all know, I just can't remember what it's called).

Old_Paladin
08-30-2009, 09:45 AM
I thought the tank was stopped in it tracks if your opponent pulled off a successful last man thingy (I know, you know, we all know, I just can't remember what it's called).

The test that paragraph refers to is the moral test.
It doesn't matter if the target unit passes or fail moral, the tank keeps going.

If you stop it in Death or Glory, then it's stopped.

AsgeirArnald
08-30-2009, 10:22 AM
All Tank Shock does is force a morale test.

If you stop it in Death or Glory, then it's stopped.

This is correct, but you can only attempt Death or Glory if the morale test has been passed. And Death or Glory isn't mandatory. Your opponent can choose whether or not they want to attempt it.