PDA

View Full Version : Perhaps for 'Ard Boyz?

Tynskel
01-28-2011, 10:40 PM
Sanguine Descendants, 5th Company
Blood Angels, 2nd Founding
Strike Force: Blood Vengeance

HQ 145
145 Codicer Leximarti
Librarian, 5th Company
-Terminator Armor, Storm Shield, Unleashed Rage, The Blood Lance

ELITES 445
310 Terminator Assault Squad Claudio
-7 Terminators, Sgt Claudio w/ TH + SS, 5 w/TH + SS, 1 w/LC
135 Sanguinary Priesthood
-Priest Shaharrim, Terminator Armor
-Priest Coraz

FAST ATTACK 145
145 Song of Wrath
-Baal Predator, Hv Bolter Sponsons

Hv SUPPORT 505
215 Burning Star
-Stormraven, Twin-Lascannons, Twin-Multi-Meltas, Ex Armor
155 Voice of the Emperor
-Vindicator, Siege Shield
135 Song of Purity
-Predator Destructor, Lascannon Sponsons

TROOPS 1260
305 Death Company Fury
-7 Death Company, Power Weapon, Chaplain Druidia (Lemartes)
135 Callistar, The Determined
-Death Company Dreadnought, Hv Flamer
225 Assault, 7th Squad, Luna
-10 Assault Marines, Sgt. Luna w/Hand Flamer and Power Weapon, 2 Flamers
15 Chariot of Wings
-Dedicated Transport, Rhino
225 Tactical, 1st Squad, Sol
Force Commander Sgt. Sol Romero
-10 Marines, Sgt Sol w/Powerfist and Combi-Melta and Teleport Homer, Meltagun, Missile Launcher
55 Wrath of the Emperor
-Dedicated Transport, Razorback
235 Tactical, 2nd Squad, Omega
-10 Marines, Sgt Omega w/Powerfist and Combi-Plasma and Teleport Homer, Plasma Rifle, Plasma Cannon
65 Omega
-Dedicated Transport, Drop Pod, Deathwind Launcher, Locator Beacon

Tynskel
01-29-2011, 09:20 AM
Do not be suppressed to add comments because I named the squads. There's a lot of flexibility within the list design: Death Co. Can be exchanged for a furioso, could take sanguinor, or furioso librarian with a different commander, drop the terminator squad size down, ect

Smotku
01-29-2011, 10:49 AM
I love this list although there a few things I might diff
1. I would probably exchange one or two more lc for th/ss in termies to take advantage of higher init on charge.
2 what does coraz refer to in elites?
3. I assume the Ball has tlac.
4. I would keep the TL AC on the SR, The missiles give enough of a long range threat
5. I would probably put a TH or InfP in the DC so they can kill vehicles that may kite then or if they have to charge a dread or something. nothing more frustrating than to have your dc being kited by a LR or locked in combat with Dread and not being able to hurt it. I assume tha they and the DC dread are going in the SR. That is the best use for a SR imo.

There are a few other things I might do diff but I would be disheartened to see this list if I was up against it.

I would def keep the termie librarian over a librarian dread. I havent played the Sanguinar yet ( I hate the model and I am working on my own conversion) I am not sure if he is worth his points. In my experience the DC dread is more killy than a furioso primarily because of fleet.

Tynskel
01-29-2011, 11:01 AM
Coraz is just a flat priest, no wargear. I thought about putting a PF/TH in the Death Company, but deploying with them was going to be an angry angry Fusioso with 5 str 10 attacks on the charge.

Well, sanguinor, by himself, is pretty cool, but will not make his points back. However, when you factor in the mini-captain, and the +1 Attack Radius, he's quite effective. If I do take him, I am going to make a few adjustments to the list-- drop pod to the dread, rhino to the plasma squad, and exchange the Stormraven for a land raider to the assault squad. Also, I would change the Sgt in the Terminator Squad to Lightning Claws--- 4 Sgts have a chance of becoming the mini-captain, and it would be 50/50 for a powerfist or power weapon to get it. I would prefer either the Lightning Clawed Terminator, or the Power Weapon assault sgt. with Sanguinor nearby, Terminator Sgt would get 5 WS 5 Initiative 6 Lightning claw attacks on the charge. I'd also probably take a scout squad with a Locator beacon, ditching the Teleport Homers.

Smotku
01-30-2011, 10:46 AM
I am going to play the Sanguinar when I get done. I am trying out almost every unit in the codex as soon as I have the models made, yeah I am one of those players who loathes the proxie. Last year I ran a 6 landraider list for hardboz and came in 3rd at the local level. I couldnt travel for the regional so I dont know how it would have done against tougher comp.

The only units I have not tried out in the BA codex are the storm raven, sanguinar, sanguinary guard.

I hope to have them finished and playtested before hardboyz soI can come up with a good fun list that is diff than I played last year.

oh I I run a very similar Assault termie list except my snag priest is in termy armor. I converted the black reach srgt model with bits cut off from an extra Corbulo model I had. that is probably one of my favorite units. 6 assault termies , librarian in termie with SS , unleash rage and sanguine sword, Sang preist in termie, all in a LRCrusader with EA and MM.