PDA

View Full Version : the duke digital painting.

geisthammer
01-27-2011, 07:45 AM
this is a photoshop edit of the duke mini I converted about two weeks ago.its just a mess around on photoshop, but let me know what you guys think any way.

FastEd
01-27-2011, 09:43 AM
It's an interesting mini, certainly, though I feel the 'shop work is a little too cartoony. The lines are almost too perfect, and too curved. Maybe find some brush, really doesn't matter what as long as it's an irregular shape, and apply it to the edges of the rocks and the shadows/shading on the ground. Lens flare isn't bad, but could stand to be a little higher up the blade I feel, just to balance out the piece's composition as the left side is so heavy, moving it further toward the end of the blade would give a little counter balance. If you hunt around you'll also find that reflection on a blade tends to be a flat line instead of a single point unless it's reached some sort of physical point of the blades edge, which is generally where you would find the nice halo effect you added.

Hope that helped. It's been a while since I've broken a piece down for critique. Overall I think the work is cool, and I dig the concept.

geisthammer
01-27-2011, 09:54 AM
thanks. I think its good for my first try, will work a bit more on it.

geisthammer
02-03-2011, 07:07 AM
I'm working on a sentinel DP. I'm going to post it later tonight so keep them peepers open..