View Full Version : 'Ard Boyz!

Tynskel
01-26-2011, 03:40 PM
Has anyone heard anything about:

'Ard Boyz 2011

???

gcsmith
01-26-2011, 04:10 PM
Other than its better than the convoluted Throne of skulls in the uk, Is probably happening in 2011. Unless something bad MAJOR happens, and youlll do well at it :p

Tynskel
01-26-2011, 04:14 PM
me? I'll only do well if I can actually go! Well is also relative--- probably means: get 4th, and not go onto next round! Doh! Gotta watch out for million attack Eldrads this time...

Like your Black Templar Record.

gcsmith
01-26-2011, 04:15 PM
which army would u be taking just for interest?

DarkLink
01-26-2011, 04:49 PM
As long as I have time for my new GK codex:).

Last year was in mid March, as I recall.

somerandomdude
01-26-2011, 05:05 PM
I believe you're thinking of two years ago. Last year's first round was May 15th.

Tynskel
01-26-2011, 07:07 PM
I believe you're thinking of two years ago. Last year's first round was May 15th.

2 years ago was in the summer. Actually all the previous ones before last year were in summer/late summer.

As for army: Depends, I have thought about bringing an army I used 2 years ago with Calgar n' Vulkan, but it only had 2 tactical squads, which, if they continue with the missions of last year, make the army rather worthless. Hit like a sledge hammer though.

I also have lots of blood angels stuff-- this would be a battle company type force. I did do steel rain for the first 'Ard Boyz with Blood Angels. I am tempted to do that again, but I need to get a few more drop pods (last time I did it, I had 9 Drop Pods, but scratch built won't work this time around). If I do Steel Rain, I'll probably have two partial Devastator Squads (~8 marines with 3 missiles, and a sanguinary priest) and a Mortis Autocannon Dread. Lots of terminators (sanguinary terminators too), and tactical squads. The back up assault would be Death Co., Death Co Furioso, and assault marines. Commanders will probably be along the lines of Gabriel Seth/ Captain Tycho. Ld 10 is pretty nice in a Steel Rain force.

Force21
01-26-2011, 10:26 PM
Ehhhh I have not heard anything about this years 'Ard Boyz...

I would probably go Grey Knights or... Power Blob Imperial Guard...maybe with some Big guns to shoot away...

Sinistermind
01-28-2011, 01:16 PM
i wanna say i heard on one of the forums(dakka??) from a shop owner he recieved a rough schedule and that it was after fantasy starts, and will be around august for preliminaries. take this with a grain of salt though since i cannot seem to find where i seen it

i cant wait to bring my gk's lol as im sure there will be a tide of other people doing the same

gcsmith
01-28-2011, 04:18 PM
why wont scratch built work :)

Tynskel
01-28-2011, 07:37 PM
why wont scratch built work :)

hah! because the rules specifically state that only GW models, unless there isn't a model for the subject in questions or conversions have to be at least 50% GW.

DarkLink
01-28-2011, 11:27 PM
Luckily my Storm Raven is made of a Valkyrie and some plasticard.

Tynskel
01-29-2011, 09:23 AM
Luckily my Storm Raven is made of a Valkyrie and some plasticard.

yeah, when I made my stormraven, I designed it from a valkyrie and cities of death, so it is ~80% GW parts.

gcsmith
01-29-2011, 10:15 AM
wow a tournament that doesnt allow people to hobby with their army, well im glad im british, as ill be scratch building my BT drop pods, to make them look slightly more like they would actually work. and to be cheep

Tynskel
01-29-2011, 10:45 AM
wow a tournament that doesnt allow people to hobby with their army, well im glad im british, as ill be scratch building my BT drop pods, to make them look slightly more like they would actually work. and to be cheep

'Ard Boyz isn't about strategy or painted armies... it is about getting every kid on the block to use a 2500 point force of GW product!

Nikephoros
01-29-2011, 01:14 PM
According to what my FLGS owner told me, the Fantasy and 40k 'Ard Boyz tournament dates are switched from last year. Fantasy prelims will be in mid April and 40k not until July/August.

Defenestratus
01-29-2011, 06:06 PM

I've never actually played a tournament where scratch builds or counts-as were allowed. They've all been strictly wysiwyg - even the less serious ones.

Supposedly the 'ard boyz is more about GW figuring out how broken their game can be made.

Tynskel
01-29-2011, 07:34 PM
I've never actually played a tournament where scratch builds or counts-as were allowed. They've all been strictly wysiwyg - even the less serious ones.

Supposedly the 'ard boyz is more about GW figuring out how broken their game can be made.

nah, it is about getting people to buy 2500 points! That's a lot of product!