PDA

View Full Version : Night Fight with Nightshields

Ahrimaneus
01-26-2011, 07:29 AM
Do Nightshields affect spotting distances for Night Fight? I'm torn as to whether or not they do.

Convince me one way or the other!!

gcsmith
01-26-2011, 08:24 AM
Nightfields affect the 'Weapon Range'. Since this is different to spotting distance they do not.

DarkLink
01-26-2011, 09:27 AM
Right. You roll for nightfight normally to see if you can spot it, then you measure to see if you have range while taking the nightshields into account.

Drew da Destroya
01-26-2011, 09:39 AM
Hmm, I played this the other way, where Nightshields reduced the Spotting Range, too. It was pretty brutal for my opponent... although if he rolled 6" for his spotting, Nightshields didn't do anything.

Necron_Lord
01-26-2011, 02:44 PM
I concur that they don't affect night fighting rolls, only the max weapon range and rapid fire. That is why they're worthless against RP spam with living lightning. Unlimited range - 6" = unlimited range. Sad face.

Xenith
01-30-2011, 12:51 AM
Hmm, I played this the other way, where Nightshields reduced the Spotting Range, too. It was pretty brutal for my opponent... although if he rolled 6" for his spotting, Nightshields didn't do anything.

Then you're playing it wrong.

The 2d6x3 is not the range that the weapon can shoot, but the range that the unit can see.