PDA

View Full Version : Independent characters attached to squads

jorz192
01-25-2011, 02:29 PM
My question is can more than one independent character be attached to a squad?
I am pretty sure the answer to that is yes but the next question is
with Shrikes ability for him and his squad to infliltrate could you add an
independent character to that squad?

Culven
01-25-2011, 02:33 PM
There is no limit on the number of ICs in a Unit.

ICs can now join Units prior to Deploying, so yes one could have another IC in Shrike's Unit which would also benefit.

karandras
01-25-2011, 03:19 PM
Culven - Why is this??? I am pretty certain that there are very explicit rules under the IC section as well as the USR section that specify that if an IC without the ability to infiltrate joins a unit that infiltrates, the unit loses its ability. Is there something in Shrike's entry that supercedes this???

SeattleDV8
01-25-2011, 03:25 PM
Shrike's special rule SM codex pg. 92 See ,But Remain Unseen
"Shrike (and models in his unit benefit from infiltrate....."

jorz192
01-25-2011, 08:15 PM
So theoretically you could attach a bunch of independent characters to the squad and they would all get infiltrate?

Tynskel
01-25-2011, 08:52 PM
So theoretically you could attach a bunch of independent characters to the squad and they would all get infiltrate?

Yup!

be careful before your head explodes... Characters are expensive!

FastEd
01-26-2011, 10:02 AM
It's also not quite as nice when you realize how many other special characters have jump packs, thus limiting you to standard, nameless, characters. :(

Mycroft Holmes
01-27-2011, 10:54 AM
...and you're already taking Shrike, so you only have 1 HQ spot for a character. So basically you're looking at a single Chaplain or Librarian. You could take another Captain but that isn't much of force multiplier.

Mycroft