PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Grey Knights.

Force21
01-24-2011, 08:38 PM
Greetings all,

Today we have Grey Knights here...& of course comments are welcome.

HQ.

Brother Captain Stern.

Grandmaster w/ Master crafted NFW.

not sure who to give the Retinue to...

Retinue.
4 Grey Knight Terminators one Incinerator.
1 Grey Knight Terminator w/ Thunder Hammer-Storm Shield.

Troops.

8 man Grey Knight Squad
Justicar w/ Frag Grenades Melta Bombs & Targeter.

5 man Grey Knight Squad w/ two Psycannons

Heavy Support.

Land Raider w/ Extra Armor.

Land Raider Crusader.

Just under 1500....

....not sure who should have the Retinue Stern or GM...either way the other is going to be in the Land Raider with the 8 man Squad of Knights...

The Terminator squad is in the Crusader...& the 5 man squad is going to sit back/hold anything & shoot away.

oh btw nothing is better then a army that only has 20 models.

DarkLink
01-24-2011, 10:10 PM
Stick the Terminators with the Grand Master. He needs more protection against powerfists and the like than Stern does. I'll also point out that a Storm Shield in the DH codex is actually a single handed weapon, and actually grants +1A. It's cheaper than master-crafted, and better.

I would take two IST squads in Rhinos rather than the psycannon squad. It is only slightly more expensive, grants access to some valuable anti-tank, you get two scoring units rather than one, and the Rhinos make for some mobile cover for your Land Raiders. I don't know if you have the models or not, but you'll get more utility out of the ISTs than the mini-purgation squad.

Force21
01-24-2011, 11:48 PM
Stick the Terminators with the Grand Master. He needs more protection against powerfists and the like than Stern does. I'll also point out that a Storm Shield in the DH codex is actually a single handed weapon, and actually grants +1A. It's cheaper than master-crafted, and better.

:eek:

Well that is a amazing option that I never thought of...

I would take two IST squads in Rhinos rather than the psycannon squad. It is only slightly more expensive, grants access to some valuable anti-tank, you get two scoring units rather than one, and the Rhinos make for some mobile cover for your Land Raiders. I don't know if you have the models or not, but you'll get more utility out of the ISTs than the mini-purgation squad.

thats true... but I only have enough models for one with meltas & maybe one on foot w/o meltaguns.

DarkLink
01-25-2011, 08:11 AM
Yeah, we might not get 3+ invulnerables saves, but our storm shields have certain advantages:D. As an older codex, we have to take advantage of what we can.

If you don't have the models, don't worry about it. Or if you have a Dreadnought you could try an IST squad and a Dread. It kinda comes down to what works for you, and I've found I like an IST squad in a Rhino or two, and some Dreads when I have heavy slots available.