PDA

View Full Version : new chaos codex?

ctrich77
01-24-2011, 05:26 PM
Has anybody heard anything about the new codex? With the new GK codex coming out I was wondering what is being said about the chaos marines. I heard some rumors about codexes like the loyalists with diffrent legions having their own, and the greater deamons returning. Let me know what you have heard. I heard a release around this winter.

Lockark
01-24-2011, 05:49 PM
Has anybody heard anything about the new codex? With the new GK codex coming out I was wondering what is being said about the chaos marines. I heard some rumors about codexes like the loyalists with diffrent legions having their own, and the greater deamons returning. Let me know what you have heard. I heard a release around this winter.

Chaos Space marines are still a very competitive book. So I got a feeling we will not see them for some time.

I heard a brief rumor that they started very early work on CSM for release with 6th ed 40k.

The only reason people are dismayed with the current book, is the fact there were many army builds and units that were removed from the book. Worst yet due to the changes in 5th ed it means Chaos Space marine lists must be built in a specif way to be competitive. Witch upsets many chaos players.

Other wise Chaos still has a good book.

I play Chaos Space Marines my self. I'd love to see the old legion stuff come back, but I'm not going to worry about any details till people are prety sure there accualy on the horizon. So I'm just going to patiently await the new book.

ctrich77
01-24-2011, 05:55 PM
I agree I feel it is still a good book. Heard some rumors about it and was looking for some imput. My girlfriend was thinking about a Thousand Sons army and I wasn't going to get old codex if new was on the horizon

Lockark
01-24-2011, 06:07 PM
I agree I feel it is still a good book. Heard some rumors about it and was looking for some imput. My girlfriend was thinking about a Thousand Sons army and I wasn't going to get old codex if new was on the horizon

The current chaos book is very bare bones as it is for the most part. A 1ksons army is basically going to be Scor, thousand sons, normal CSM supplements, Rhinos, and some Oblits.

If a new book dose come out, you shouldn't find your self with any models you will not be able to use any more.

I don't think you will have anything to worry about.

Atrocity
01-24-2011, 07:38 PM
From what people in the know on warseer and the like have to say, right now CSM is at the very earliest fetal stage of being developed, if at all. When pressed, the estimates are that there won't be a new 'dex released until ~1.5-2 years from now. Most people are saying this will likely be somewhat close to the end of 5th edition or beginning of 6th.

Melissia
01-24-2011, 08:01 PM
Unless we see an increase of codex production, two years is very optimistic.

Lockark
01-24-2011, 08:15 PM

I disagree but kinda agree at the same time.

I don't really think 2 years is unreasonable for a potential CSM release. Grey Knights, Sisters, and Necrons are the last 3rd ed codexs left, and the FAQ means they can put any Dark Angle or Black Templar plans on the back burner for the foreseeable future.

My issue with the claim of CSM in two years is a lot of the rumors have been on kinda shacky ground. We only have one source that claims work on CSM has started (With little confirmation.), and the projection of two years is based soley on the educated guess work of fans.

At this point there is nothing solid to go on in the end of the day.
=/

Ssyrie
01-24-2011, 10:08 PM
I disagree but kinda agree at the same time.

I don't really think 2 years is unreasonable for a potential CSM release. Grey Knights, Sisters, and Necrons are the last 3rd ed codexs left, and the FAQ means they can put any Dark Angle or Black Templar plans on the back burner for the foreseeable future.

My issue with the claim of CSM in two years is a lot of the rumors have been on kinda shacky ground. We only have one source that claims work on CSM has started (With little confirmation.), and the projection of two years is based soley on the educated guess work of fans.

At this point there is nothing solid to go on in the end of the day.
=/

Not only do GK, SoB, and Necrons need to be updated, but Tau and Eldar have older codex's than CSM. Add in DA and BT and a new CSM codex may be a while.

DarkLink
01-24-2011, 10:14 PM
If you don't see a thread in the rumor section of here, dakka, warseer or heresy online, there probably aren't any real rumors of whatever it is. Between these there are lots of people like you scrounging for rumors, and whenever they find something new they post it.

Lockark
01-25-2011, 12:07 AM
Not only do GK, SoB, and Necrons need to be updated, but Tau and Eldar have older codex's than CSM. Add in DA and BT and a new CSM codex may be a while.

-I pointed out the GW dosen't have to update DA and BT any more. They updated thows books with the FAQ.
-GW also doesn't update in order of age. I.E. The Last nid Codex.

Um... Tau and Eldar by many of the tournament scene gamers in my area consider them the top tire armies, and Tau specifically one of the best (If not THE BEST) tournament army in the game. They are even convinced a update would nerf Tau in the long run. (They even go as far as saying a Tau player should DREAD getting there book updated.)

Well CSM are still competitive, they show there age alot more then thows two books, IMHO.

"Your millage may vary."

eldargal
01-25-2011, 03:03 AM
None of the codices are particularly uncompetitive in the hands of a skilled player, but Tau, Necrons, Eldar and Sob really do need updates. Eldar are supposed to be the most advanced race in the galaxy and all our stuff is worse than the Imperium equivalent and three times the price. It really limits what units are effective.

FastEd
01-25-2011, 04:54 AM
Oh, Necrons. It would be nice to see a Necron player able to field more then half the codex. I've grown tired of seeing waves and waves of warriors on the other side of the board. Variety is the spice of life, and I would like it to be able to do just as well as the rest of the army since there is so much cool stuff in there that could potentially be good.

I know a lot of Necron players who have earned the privilege of having more then one army build to play with, the poor, poor souls.

Unzuul the Lascivious
01-26-2011, 04:43 AM
Although not alternatives to Codices, doesn't anyone supplement their armies with choices from Imperial Armour etc? Some fantastic models for the Eldar just came out, Shadow Spectres (OK, the experimental rules aren't super wow wow, but they add an interesting angle and look wicked!), they released new-ish vehicles too, in the Hornet, Warp Hunter and Night Spinner. I expect Space Wolves to have Thunderwolf Cavalry released alongside/just after Imperial Armour 10, maybe (I'm wish-listing here) a new character or updating of an existing character? (PLEASE LET IT BE SO!). I think in this way they have perhaps tried to placate those who are waiting for a codex update - did they do new-ish Tau Battlesuits and the Tomb Stalker too? The only ones that seem to have been left waiting are Grey Knights and Sisters of Battle really.

FastEd
01-26-2011, 09:49 AM
Imperial Armor is cool, but unfortunately it isn't always feasible to buy or convert the units up. That and most tournaments don't allow FW rules.

Xas
01-26-2011, 10:03 AM
-I pointed out the GW dosen't have to update DA and BT any more. They updated thows books with the FAQ.
-GW also doesn't update in order of age. I.E. The Last nid Codex.

Um... Tau and Eldar by many of the tournament scene gamers in my area consider them the top tire armies, and Tau specifically one of the best (If not THE BEST) tournament army in the game. They are even convinced a update would nerf Tau in the long run. (They even go as far as saying a Tau player should DREAD getting there book updated.)

Well CSM are still competitive, they show there age alot more then thows two books, IMHO.

"Your millage may vary."

may I ask you in which general area you reside?
cause here in middle europe allmost everyone whos into tournaments thinks that tau are allmost on-par in suckiness with necrons and certainly bellow every and all E5 books (including semi E5 like CSM, Orks, CDaemons).

Lockark
01-26-2011, 04:05 PM
may I ask you in which general area you reside?
cause here in middle europe allmost everyone whos into tournaments thinks that tau are allmost on-par in suckiness with necrons and certainly bellow every and all E5 books (including semi E5 like CSM, Orks, CDaemons).

I am located in New Brunswick, Canada. Sure we are no grand tournament. But many of us are very competitive and have quite a few games under our belts.

I'm also sorry, but there is no way Tau is ranked under Chaos Daemons. Chaos Daemons is the weakest codex in the game by far.

A standard Las/Plas SM list with Null Zone Liberian auto-beat any Chaos Deamon list due to there lack of Armour Saves, and HUGE lack of Anti-Tank Weapons.

Tau are NO WERE near that weak.

DarkLink
01-26-2011, 04:59 PM
None of the codices are particularly uncompetitive in the hands of a skilled player, but Tau, Necrons, Eldar and Sob really do need updates.

I'd add Daemonhunters to that list, but we are getting updated so it's a moot point:p.

I'm also sorry, but there is no way Tau is ranked under Chaos Daemons. Chaos Daemons is the weakest codex in the game by far.

While I agree Tau aren't as weak as some people think, Chaos Daemons are not from the weakest codex in the game. That title jointly applies to Daemonhunters and Necrons. They are the two worst codices in the game, bar none. They severely lack flexibility, variety of units and competitive builds, and have inherit weakness that they cannot effectively deal with, such as phase out for Necrons, and overpriced, underpowered units for Daemonhunters. You can still win with either, but they often rely on sheer luck in order to beat certain top competitive builds, and rely on very specific builds in order to be competitive in the first place.

Luckily, they seem to be the next two codices to be updated. Then maybe Daemons will be bottom tier.

Unzuul the Lascivious
01-27-2011, 03:53 AM
I think it depends how you play. If you're tournament and power gaming all the time, you're not going to play these Codices. Fluff-wise, I love playing my Chaos Daemons, and have wiped the floor with many Space Marine armies, including Wolves, Blood Angels, Ultramarines etc with powerful Librarians. I find they don't hold up to a pounding from a Greater Daemon, or even a surprise Flamer drop. I do think the lack of anti-tank and the assault rules are gash though - now the webway portal has been introduced for the Dark Eldar, there's no reason for Daemons to be denied the same, which would make up for the lack of anti-tank (if you can assault tanks from warp portals, why bother with guns?)
Anyhoo, that's for another thread I guess. Personally, I don't like the Tau anyway, so I couldn't care less whether they get a new codex. I've played against them three times and have always found them problematic until it comes to close combat time - and considering those damn suits don't stand still long enough, it isn't easy.
I've always thought Necrons were pretty crud in terms of rules and codex (not to mention their crappy green plastic bits). I think Necrons and Sisters of Battle should be the next updates after Grey Knights.
Also, if tournaments don't allow Forge World models, blah blah, they should lighten the f**k up and actually allow people to enjoy themselves and their armies instead of being s****y little games 1940s German Facists - this is why I hate tournaments, that and super keen power gamers that throw wobblies when you beat them and literally contest every single rule interpretation. I find the threat of violence calms them down...

DrLove42
01-27-2011, 04:45 AM
Luckily, they seem to be the next two codices to be updated. Then maybe Daemons will be bottom tier.

Deamons aren't low down because they are weak. Far from it, some of their units are sickening, and an all deepstriking army is horrifying for non-assault armies

There weakness comes from inconsistency and unreliabiltiy. You literally can lose the game by getting the wrong half of your army, so lose the game on the first dice you roll. Or having something useful turn up late.

Tau are competitve...i guess...but only in very restricted builds. As is the same in Eldar.

Personally i want Necrons to get the next codex, even though i don't, and won't ever play the, Itd just be nice to see variety back on the table...

Fellend
01-27-2011, 05:23 AM
This might not be popular to say with the amount of competetive players here on BOLS, but I personally think that codexes like necrons, tau and SOB needs to be updated first simply due to the fact that they are lacking models. There's just so few alternatives that people can take (and thus buy models for). Eldar have a few decent builds, and they have alot of fun units to try out (and probably fail with but still).
If you compare with SOB who can barely do a list with just SOB models since they have to borrow from IG, and Tau that basically have, suits, firewarriors, and railgun suits, maybe at tank or pirhana.
Necrons are even worse, they have warriors, destroyers and just one vehicle.

On the otherside we have Space marines, that gets a new Special character that changes the army composition on average once a month... Hell I play BT and I still think we get to much love. Would it really hurt to put out some experimental rules in white dwarf? They don't even have to make a model for it, just try it, see if it works out and what the community says and then make a model if its popular.

But I digress, My point is, codexes should come in order of playability, we will have to accept that maybe not all armies will be terribly competetive (everyone hates the 'nids for one) but someone has to be on the bottom. But as long as it's fun to play and collect the army I don't care whether my army can will win or not

Gir
01-27-2011, 06:06 AM
Imperial Armor is cool, but unfortunately it isn't always feasible to buy or convert the units up. That and most tournaments don't allow FW rules.

Come to Australia. Forge World is more viable then off the shelf plastics.

Daemonette666
01-27-2011, 07:19 AM
They should bring out an better Eratta and FAQ for the CSM codex then. If Black Templars can get better Storm Shields, and also use the same Machine spirit the vanilla marines cn e use, then the CSn should get weaponry and equipment with a comparable price. Between the Dark Mechanicus, and battle salvage, the Chaos Space Marines could easily get weapons that are just as cheap as the imperial stuff.

We pay +10 points for a las cannon, missile launcher and heavy bolter for our havoc squads. For our basic troops we pay +5 points for the basic special weapons flamer, melta gun and Plasma gun. The Blast Master needs to be reduced down to say 20 Points. An opton for Chaos Marines to also get drop pods would also be a welcome sight. Even if they make a plastic version of the Dreadclaw Assault Pod. costing 50 points.

Yes a better and more up to date Eratta is needed, just to bring the CSM codex into line until the new codex arrives.

We still need other codees first namely Necrons first, then Tau, then Sisters, then it should have Grey Knights, then Black Templars, followed by Chaos Space Marines then Eldar and Dark Angels. Well that is my opinion anyway. Updated eratta and FAQs for the lot of the codexes to bring all of them into line should be done as well. making certain weapons like grenades a free part of the xenos codexes and reduce some of their weapons cost where they are too expensive as well.

Unzuul the Lascivious
01-27-2011, 07:23 AM
True, in this respect I think that they have got the Dark Eldar Codex so right - it is awesome fluff wise and awesome rules wise, because they have a glaringly obvious flaw which you as a general have to overcome and your opponent exploit. If they don't exploit it and you correctly compensate for it, you win! If they do, you're going to have a close and interesting game!
The same goes for Tau - they don't have Kroot and Vespid allies just for the fluff - they should be taken as part of the army and considered just as much as the Tau themselves.
As for SOB - too right! I have an army in the attic, antiquated as it is, but there really is little point in fielding it as it is, the codex does need an update. Suffice it to say, they're working on it. Honestly, I do think that perhaps the Chaos codex is actually pretty good, and that there is a reasonable amount of models to include.

I guess perhaps we can safely say that many races need an update in terms of codex and models, and whoever gets one first, good for you! If you have to wait, get into another army for a while? I'm playing Dark Eldar, but soon Forgeworld will bring some Space Wolf stuff out, so i'll be buying those up, then eventually the Chaos Daemons will come around again - but in fairness, they only had a model update last year, so me and the Daemons are beans right now....

Daemonette666
01-30-2011, 02:28 AM
True, in this respect I think that they have got the Dark Eldar Codex so right - it is awesome fluff wise and awesome rules wise, because they have a glaringly obvious flaw which you as a general have to overcome and your opponent exploit. If they don't exploit it and you correctly compensate for it, you win! If they do, you're going to have a close and interesting game!
The same goes for Tau - they don't have Kroot and Vespid allies just for the fluff - they should be taken as part of the army and considered just as much as the Tau themselves.
As for SOB - too right! I have an army in the attic, antiquated as it is, but there really is little point in fielding it as it is, the codex does need an update. Suffice it to say, they're working on it. Honestly, I do think that perhaps the Chaos codex is actually pretty good, and that there is a reasonable amount of models to include.

I guess perhaps we can safely say that many races need an update in terms of codex and models, and whoever gets one first, good for you! If you have to wait, get into another army for a while? I'm playing Dark Eldar, but soon Forgeworld will bring some Space Wolf stuff out, so i'll be buying those up, then eventually the Chaos Daemons will come around again - but in fairness, they only had a model update last year, so me and the Daemons are beans right now....
Not as competitive as they used to be. I have based the following suggestions on the current trend that the current Codex Creep codexes have been following.

To bring the CSM codex into line with the new codeesx, and make it a more competitive codex they need to allow named Chaos Lords to give troops/ Infantry USRs, or allow certain elite, fast attack or heavy support units to be used as troop units.

Another trend that the new codexes have been doing is to allow Chaos Lords and Sorcerer Lords,to have retinues chosen from the Elites troop units.

They could make Tzeentch Sorcerer Lords able to cancel enemy psychic abilites like Librarians with psychic hoods can. Either that or allow them to roll 3 D6 and choose the 2 for the psychic test. Tzeentch Psykers would be so linked with the warp they could block or control it better than a standard psyker. They would be on a par with the eldar.

Chaos being well chaos the special abilities and random effects of some of their units like crazed dreadnoughts, possessed CSM seem apt and should not be changed too much. They can both help you and bite you in the b**t.

The cost of Chaos weaponry should be reduced to bring it into line with standard SM and special SM codexes like Blood Angels, and Space Wolves. So Melta Guns and heavy bolters become 5 points, flamers free, plasma weapons and power weapons - 10 points, and so on.

Many of the new codexes have a cheaper unit option to make it possible to get more troops into an army. i would suggest they have a heretic troop unit who have the stats of Imperial guard but with -1 leadership, and can a chaos champion attached as a squad leader. Give them weapons from the IG codex platoon/sectoin options.

Summoned Daemons should not be changed. They are balanced already.

To be able to make your chaos army themed, similar to how they used to be, I would like to see special types of CSM such as Plague Marines, Noise Marines, Berserkers, and Thousand Sons become elite choices unless you have a Chaos Lord or Sorcerer Lord with the appropriate Mark of Chaos. Standard CSM squads should be able to get icons and marks for their chosen chaos power as normal, but you get it for free if the army HQ is the of the same Chaos mark. Icon of Chaos Glory free if either of your HQs has no mark at all.

Vehicle upgrade options should be available at the appropriate cost if you have an army HQ of the chosen Chaos Power. Some of these should be a free swap while others would cost to add them on. Examples are: Slaanesh HQ allows for Heavy Flamers replaced with Doom Siren for 5 points, Autocannon replaced with Balst Master for free or reaper auto cannon for twin linked blast master for free. Combi Bolter replaced by a Sonic Blaster fro free. Tzeentch HQ allows for any heavy Bolter/Bolter weaponry to have AP3 ammo for 5 points per vehicle. Nurgle HQs allow vehicles to get plague weaponry - flamers become either 4+ or 2+ poisoned template weapon in the same manner as a Chem cannon. and Havoc Launchers and any vehicle missile launcher weaponry can be upgraded to poisoned 4+ for 5 points per vehicle. Khorne HQs allow vehicles to have Close Combat weapons on them and a WS of 3 and D6 Close Combat attacks at Strength 6 for +10 points per vehicle. These would make their vehicles more themed, and although they wold cost more, it would not make them too powerful for the game. All vehicles should be allowed to be possessed, and the cost should be +10 points.

I would like to see a new vehicle type. Something to replace the missing artillery gap lost when Defilers lost their indirect fire ability. Something like a Cannon of Khorne, or a siege artillery tank that is demonically possessed and has a random rate of fire or random strength.

The limitations on which weapons CSM can use ha been a major annoyance to CSM player for a long time. Multi Meltas and Plasma Cannons should be allowed in units of Havocs. Obliterators weapons have been limited to energy weapons only. I agree with this rule, however they should be able to use either a power fist, a Power Weapon, or a Lightning Claw. Their points cost is too expensive. I think they should be 50 points each, and increased the squad size from 1-3 to 1-5. There should be a CSM Havoc Aspiring Champion (sergeant) who allows the Havoc unit he is attached to have the tank hunters USR

I think Doom Rider should come back, but with slightly different rules from the very old codex he was in. He should allow bikes to be a troop choice and give the squad he is with (his retinue) the Skilled Rider USR.

There should also be some special Character HQs from some of the legions. An Iron Warriors Iron Priest who can act like a tech priest, and allows all unaligned troops to get counter-attack USR. A Night Lords Chaos Lord who makes Raptors a troop choice, and gives all unaligned troops /infantry the night vision USR. An Alpha Legion Lord who gives all unaligned infantry not mounted in vehicles the Stealth and Infiltrate USRs. A word Bearers Lord who can cancel any enemy psychic abilities on a 4+, and allows all units in the army who are unaligned the "They shall know no fear" special rule. Horus can allow Terminators to be a troop type, tale a retinue of terminators, and be able to call down a barrage from his Battle Barge once per game.

I know many will think I want it all and I want CSMs to be a OMG super - you can not kill me codex. What I want ts for them to be brought in line with the current trend of 5th edition codexes. Everyone I talk to says that Blood Angels, Space Wolves, Imperial Guard, Daemons, Tyranids and Dark Elves and the soon to be released Grey Knights are so much more powerful, than the older 4th edition or earlier codexes and that is why they have decided to play those armies. CSM should join their niche club.

I also think Sisters of Battle, Black Templars, Tau, Necrons, Eldar and Dark Angels should be given the 5th editon super make over as well.

Unfortunately the next CSM codex is a Loooong way off. We have not even heard any rumours about a release yet. Sisters has been rumoured for about 18-24 months now, and it is not likely to be released for another 10 months or so.

Black Templars, Eldar, Tau and Necrons will get an updated before Chaos Space Marines do. Do not expect an update for a couple years at least. While the general belief, which I think most Space Marine players have, is that CSM are still a competitive army no one will be be looking to upgrade them. Look at the codex upgrade history. Most of the Chaos Space Marine Codexes have been released just months before the next edition of the 40 rules set is released, and they have been written with the current 40K rules in mind, not the new rules coming out in 3-5 months time.

No this is not a whinge, but a reality check and letting the threadsauthor know we have a long time before a new codex comes out for CSM. Oh and a wish list for what we need to bring CSM into line with the current trend of Codexes.

Unzuul the Lascivious
01-30-2011, 03:18 PM
I like pretty much all of that...I think they all need remodelling too - they may be classic designs, but I think it's time the Chaos Space Marines moved on a bit. Plus, more characters needed, including unit upgrade characters

Warp
01-30-2011, 03:21 PM
I can't say I disagree with that post.

One thing I desperately want in a new Chaos codex is more daemon engines. I'm in the group who wants to separate the traitor legions from the regular SM's as much as possible. No Razorbacks or Land Speeders or anything, but some cool new Daemon Engines instead.

Although I agree that the rules for LD are balanced as is, I would like for more advanced daemon rules. Summoning a Bloodthirster should not be the same as summoning a Lord of Change .. but at least you can still summon.

Daemonette666
01-30-2011, 07:07 PM
I like pretty much all of that...I think they all need remodelling too - they may be classic designs, but I think it's time the Chaos Space Marines moved on a bit. Plus, more characters needed, including unit upgrade characters
I was reading a battle report about an IG army with Al 'Raheim who led his platoon in a flank maneuver, and the IG army also have 3 Vendetta/Vulture gunships also outflanked using the special rules provided by a character.

Perhaps one of the Chaos Lords - probably the Alpha Legion or Night Lords characters could give all unaligned CSM units the outflank rule. Imagine having a unit of 3 rhinos and a land raider flanking the enemies rear/side and grabbing an objective.

As per Warp's comments on the daemons. The Greater daemon and Lesser daemons could be again based on who led the army. You would have to choose which Lord was the leader (SM have to choose which combat tactics they will use) and base the special abilities and daemon selection on the lord's alignment.

For example I would choose a Slaanesh Lord, and then have Kharn as a 2IC. His Berserkers become an elites choice, and the Noise Marines are a troop choice, with Slaanesh Icons free for the basic CSM, other Icons cost points to use. The weapons options for squads then gets changed to allow for noise weapon upgrades, and any Summoned daemons I use are either Daemonettes, or the Keeper of Secrets that comes with Lash of Submission (in this case). Limit the Greater Daemon to just one again, and Daemons do not add to the maximums or minimums for the army as normal. The Chaos Terminators can then take a landraider supplemented with some noise weapons, and the dreadnought can be dropped via drop pod. The Chaos Lord can be mounted on a bike and added to a biker unit, while the Obliterators with a CSM squad hold the home objective with the Doom Blaster or a reworked version of it providing artillery support

With one simple option - a Slaanesh HQ choice, I then theme my force to be an Emperor's Children (or warband created from the original legion) force. The few minor elite options that are not unaligned or slaanesh work in the same manner as temporary allies just for this battle (which is why they cost more or take elite unit choice slots).

It will mean the current Chaos Players will either develop specialised armies - again, or build a number of Chaos Space marine armies, each with a special tactic, or Chaos God, or Legion Alignment in mind. I think this would be welcomed by most Chaos Players, and removes the need for both a Chaos Space Marine Codex, and a Chaos Legions Codex. Daemons can then be used in a more flexible way, and this would help GW with its Daemon sales. Gamers could build a CSM army and a then have enough miniatures to expand into a Daemon army. Double sales for GW.

Then if the gamer were like me, they could then base their Daemons so the bases would be able to be mounted on top of Fantasy bases with magnets under the 40K bases, and they just buy the Fantasy rule book and relevant codex.

But this thread is just about if we have heard any runours about a new codex - NO WE HAVE NOT. It does let us air our thoughts on what we would like to see in the next codex for GW to ponder and play test before they decide what to do next.

TheBitzBarn
01-31-2011, 07:16 PM

We have gotten 3 to 4 a year that is a Great Rate

Lockark
01-31-2011, 08:47 PM
If you're tournament and power gaming all the time, you're not going to play these Codices.

Sorry. But I find that a funny comment to say in reply to banter about how competitive a book is. If you don't care what competitive players think, then what skin is it off your noise? Play the codex you want to play and have fun.
=P

Also, if tournaments don't allow Forge World models, blah blah, they should lighten the f**k up and actually allow people to enjoy themselves and their armies instead of being s****y little games 1940s German Facists - this is why I hate tournaments

Agien. Funny to be commenting on the competitive-ness in general. If you enjoy playing friendly pick up games, just play friendly pick up games. No one is forcing you to go to tournaments.

It's not up to the tournament organizer to allow forge world units on the fly. It's there job to make a competitive tournament for people to bring there A game to. Not run a fluffy 40k campaign.

If you don't find competitive tournaments fun, then organize a fun 40k campaign.

No need to fall back onto Godwin's law on page 2.
:rolleyes:

that and super keen power gamers that throw wobblies when you beat them and literally contest every single rule interpretation. I find the threat of violence calms them down...

lol. I guess warhammer 40k is series frakkin business. If you get that worked up over a game you start threatening your opponent with violence, a gaming store is not the place for you to be. You should be in a anger management class.

=P

I also don't think you were playing ageist real competitive players if they were argueing with you over rules. A real competitive player should know how the rules work, and be able to show you word for word why there right. If they legitimately made a mistake then they should apologize. We are all human after all.

Daemonette666
02-12-2011, 03:46 PM
We have gotten 3 to 4 a year that is a Great Rate
Just before the new edition of Warhammer 40K comes out most likely, and as usual, most of the rules will be unable to be used because they will be superseeded. Just ask the old Grey knights players, or the some of the other really old codexes that have not had a release for 2 or more editions of 40K.

DrLove42
02-14-2011, 04:43 AM
Just before the new edition of Warhammer 40K comes out most likely, and as usual, most of the rules will be unable to be used because they will be superseeded. Just ask the old Grey knights players, or the some of the other really old codexes that have not had a release for 2 or more editions of 40K.

Yeah but released just beofre a new edition, the rules will be written with that in mind.

Orks was released just before 5th (i think). While not the best codex out there it matches very well into 5th