PDA

View Full Version : Flat out assault

Fellend
01-24-2011, 07:01 AM
Can someone point me to the rule that says I can't assault after having moved flat out (with an assault vehicle).
Thinking of the Cestus ram here

somerandomdude
01-24-2011, 07:35 AM
It's not that you can't assault, it's that you can't disembark. Under the rules for fast vehicles on page 70, your passengers may embark/disembark if their vehicle has/is going to move flat out.

If, however, there were a special rule that allowed you to disembark when moving flat out (such as a Vendetta) and that vehicle also allowed you to assault (open-topped or assault vehicle special rules) then you'd be able to do it. But no such vehicle exists (in any supplement as far as I know).

Stormraven Gunships are the closest, but they specifically say the passengers may not assault.

Fellend
01-24-2011, 07:53 AM
Knew there was something, thanks =)

Nungunz
01-24-2011, 12:30 PM
somerandomdude is right, but for a slightly wrong reason (yes it is true you can't disembark, but there is a more general rule).

Page 67, first bullet point. No unit may assault if the transport moved unless there is a special rule that says other wise.

Archon Charybdis
01-24-2011, 01:28 PM
Page 67, first bullet point. No unit may assault if the transport moved unless there is a special rule that says other wise.

The Caestus is an Assault Vehicle however, so in this case the limiting factor is the inability to disembark when moving flat out.

Nungunz
01-24-2011, 03:15 PM
The Caestus is an Assault Vehicle however, so in this case the limiting factor is the inability to disembark when moving flat out.

Fair enough. I don't ever play with or against IA stuff.