PDA

View Full Version : Shooting and assaulting

Smurfs
01-24-2011, 02:09 AM
Just had a question for you all because its late and Im not thinking straight. If one of your squads shoots at an enemy squad and manages to destroy the whole squad, can your squad assault a different enemy squad since the squad they originally shot at is no longer there, or are they just kind of stuck where they're at since you have to assault the same squad you shot at? Thanks for your time.

Nungunz
01-24-2011, 03:42 AM
Nope, they are stuck.

gcsmith
01-24-2011, 03:47 AM
While nungunz is correct, there is 1 exception, if you destroy a transport you may assault any squad disembarked as a result.

killyourpride
01-24-2011, 06:19 AM
While nungunz is correct, there is 1 exception, if you destroy a transport you may assault any squad disembarked as a result.

Is this true? My friends have convinced me that it isn't and only a different squad can assault afterward

gcsmith
01-24-2011, 07:33 AM
Aparantly so, at school so dnt have my book on me

BuFFo
01-24-2011, 07:46 AM
Is this true? My friends have convinced me that it isn't and only a different squad can assault afterward

This is very true. Your friends (and you) need to pick up the rool buke and check it out.

I would give you a page number, but I am getting ready for college at the moment. Sorry!

Tynskel
01-24-2011, 08:01 AM

there's a little 'box' description on the vehicle destroyed page, read that.

somerandomdude
01-24-2011, 08:08 AM
Somerandomdude to the rescue!

Page 67, under Destroyed - explodes! in the second paragraph:

Note: remember that all models in a single unit fire simultaneously, so a squad cannot take out a transport with its lascannon and then mow down the occupants with their bolters. However, if a transport is destroyed (either result) by a ranged attack, the unit that shot it may assault the now disembarked passengers, if it is allowed to assault according to the assault rules.

If you weren't looking for it, you would've never seen it.

killyourpride
01-24-2011, 10:19 AM
Ah Ah!! Always played this way since 4th edition so not sure if it was different then or not but maybe it is education to actually check the rule book every now and again!

BuFFo
01-24-2011, 10:32 AM
Ah Ah!! Always played this way since 4th edition so not sure if it was different then or not but maybe it is education to actually check the rule book every now and again!

In 4th you couldn't assault, but in 5th you can, so yeah, it has changed, for the better :)

JMichael
01-24-2011, 11:42 AM
on p67 of the rulebook last paragraph under Destroyed - explodes! just above the dedicated transport box (really kind of hidden).
If a transport is destroyed (this counts wrecked or explodes) by a ranged attack, then the unit that shot at it may now assault the disembark troops.