PDA

View Full Version : OOP land raider value.

Rydac
01-24-2011, 12:11 AM
Back in country & clearing out storage unit and some
Stuff has to go. Have a 1988 land raider kit complete
and unassembled. The kit contains two imperial land raiders
Any guess what to expect for this at auction?

fuzzbuket
01-24-2011, 01:31 AM
50p - not worth your hassle sell to me :D

*JOKE*

seriously 2LRs are £70 off GW id sell for £100 !

Daemonette666
01-24-2011, 02:15 AM
The OOP Landraiders, are smaller and not as good looking as the current one, however they sell for more as they are a lot rarer. If you have 2 of them unassembled, then they are easier to post, and the recipiant can paint them in what ever chapter scheme they want, without worrying about painting over a rainbow pscadelic colour scheme as I have to.

Yes I bought one second hand at a bring and buy for only $5.00 Australian last year. However I do not think anyone else would have bought it because of the paint job. I just have the paitence and was desperate to replace the one I got rid of back in 1995.

I expect peopl;e would expect peopl;e would but these two for $200.00 Australian easily, thats about 150 pounds at the moment. You can always put that as the "Buy Now" price, and see what it gets on auctoin.

DrLove42
01-24-2011, 03:03 AM
Stick a healthy reserve on them (say £75/$110) and bid them. Then make sure you flash the auction around on places like here and Dakka Dakka so the biggest collectors get a whiff

gwensdad
01-24-2011, 06:26 AM
Note for this week: Win lotto.

plasticaddict
01-24-2011, 08:33 AM
I just traded a NIB Chimera for one, so that's about $35 US. Post them for what you think they are worth to you. Of course I am a bit biased, I'm still looking to pick up two more (non subtle hint) to go with my WW II Terminator army.

Brass Scorpion
01-24-2011, 10:02 AM
Do a search on completed listings for Land Raiders on eBay and you'll likely see some of the classic out-of-print ones and what they sold for. Last time I checked it was quite a good amount of money and actually more than the price of a brand new kit even with paint already on the classic used one. For example, one recently sold on eBay for about $111 US used and painted while a new kit is currently $62. Another one, unpainted, recently went for $80. In other words, get a good price in trade or cash for them if you don't want to keep them.

Rydac
01-24-2011, 11:39 AM
Thanks for the advice guys. I'll post back here when they go to ebay. I'm definitely going to
let them go. Bought more than I could paint back in the day so narrowing army focus ...I unfortunately
can't play them all :(

JMichael
01-24-2011, 11:48 AM
I was watching one on ebay that was in great shape but painted (and again...only a single Mk1 Land Raider).
It sold for 70GBP.
I would expect a very high price for the dual pack complete and unassembled.

I remember those, and still have mine (including a Spartan Land Raider)