PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Grey Knights

Shyft
01-22-2011, 07:21 PM
Because the new codex is growing ever so closer, and I found a more accessible LGS, I dusted off my measly army and put together a nice new list.

HQ
GKGM
Incinerator
Sanctuary
Psychic Hood
Grimorie of True Names
GKT Retineu (x7 models)
Incinerator

Troops
Powered Armor Grey Knights
Justicar
PAGK x9
Psycannon x2
Melta Bomb
Frag Grenade
Targeter

Troops
Powered Armor Grey Knights
Justicar
PAGK x9
Psycannon x2
Melta Bomb
Frag Grenade
Targeter

Heavy Support
Land Raider
Smoke Launchers
Extra Armor
Dozer blades

Heavy Support
Land Raider
Smoke Launchers
Extra Armor
Dozer blades

Heavy Support
Land Raider Crusader
Smoke Launchers
Dozer blades

====

Acknowledging the fact that i'm woefully outclassed in basically every sort of engagement as per 5th edition, I'm mostly doing this for fun.

The basic strategy of this list is to charge up with my LRs loaded with guys, right into the weakest point of the enemy deployment, ideally close to 1-2 of their objectives so I can hold them both. Instead of me trying to cling desperately to objectives in my deployment zone, I instead try to push my opponent off of his and contest as much as possible.

As long as I have one point, and he has none, I win.

I also have a variant/expanded list at 2500pts that adds a Vindicare Assassin, 2 squads of ISTs, and a firebase Inquisitor Lord.

justsam
01-22-2011, 07:44 PM
i understand the sentiment, but isn't this like rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic when we've got about ten weeks until a new codex that likely will change every meaningful point value and wargear option?

Shyft
01-22-2011, 08:10 PM
Yep! It's Exactly Like That! But I'm going to have fun playing well into the night after the ship's sunk.