Relic
01-20-2011, 03:56 PM
HQ
Librarian 100points
Shield of Sanguinius
Blood Lance
Elite
Furioso Dreadnought 140 Points
Fragcannon replacing Storm Bolter and Blood Fist.
Magna-Grapple
Drop Pod 35 Points

Troops
Assault Squad No Jump Packs 100 Points
Razorback Lascannon and Twin Linked Plasma Gun. Hunter Killer Missile. 65Points

Fast
Baal Predator 125 Points
Assault Cannon
Hunter Killer Missile
Baal Predator 115 Points
Flamestorm Cannon

Heavy
Dreadnought 120 Points
Twin Linked Autocannon
Twin Linked Autocannon
Dreadnought 120 Points
Twin Linked Autocannon
Twin Linked Autocannon

Thoughts for the list.

Librarian rides with Middle Razorback supplying as many vehicles as possible a 5+ cover save. Jumps out to Blood Lance against any vehicle or bunched up units within range. Furioso Dreadnought is to clean up troops and crack hard targets like Land Raiders and such. Both Dreadnoughts with Autocannons are designed for popping troop transport then to focus on taking down any large targets as needed. Assault troops held back to capture objectives and to keep troops from hitting tanks and dreadnoughts. Flamestorm Cannon Baal Predator is for dealing with vehicles with troops that have been cracked open. Assault Cannon Baal is to assist in taking down troops transports then deal with troops and any hard targets. Turn one if Init if won move up 6 inches and blaze away with all missiles and lascannon/plasma guns at any targets within range. Auto Cannons open up troop transports. Leave Hard Targets for turn 2. Librarian is to assist in cracking open hard target. Keep all friendly models if possible within 24" Bubble for Pyschic Coverage. Hunt for side armor shots if possible with missiles. This will give greater chance of damage shots. Magna-Grappler Dreadnought designed for flanking action not frontal assault. Sweep along one side and come into the middle for harder targets if possible..

Weakness is high end armor with very little melta in the list. No true power weapons so avoid mass combat as much as possible. Range combat is what we seek for the first 3 turns destroying as much as possible. Turn 4 and 5 Capture any objectives.

I can adjust my list with the loss of a Baal Predator or a heavy though I think the double tapping Dreadnoughts will be the biggest bonus for us. The Furioso Dreadnought can unleash a ton of damage if given the chance to get into the mix with troops and even vehicles. Weakness if immoblized unless targets stay within 12"s.

Tynskel
01-20-2011, 04:47 PM
Recommend ditching all the Hunter Killers and get equipment for your assault squads.

Second, I'd mix up the Razorbacks a little bit. Dropping a lascannon and just taking the Twin-Hv Bolter can give the Sgt a weapon like a powerfist. This can give you some effective counter assault.

Relic
01-23-2011, 11:07 PM
Well the list is actually for a doubles tournament we have coming up.
My partner will be playing Dark Eldar in conjuction with my BA. Normally Ally rules are not in affect as with no cross over affects from say if I had Sang Priest giving FNP an Furious charge to his units. We are both using 1250 with the requirements of 1 FOC mini requirements are 1 hq and 1 troop choice but we don't get more FOC slots. So we can not take 4 elite choices together just 3 combined.

My troops are mainly going to be used for holding objectives as they are so small and in hopes of my dreads and Baals doing most of the dirty work on killing squads up.
His troops he is taking is more wyches of 10 so if anything my sqauds will be either used more as addition hits upon there targets or him on mine.

One of the list I know i'll be facing is a Guard/Chaos marine list. I've faced it once already and locked it up by smashing his troop transports first turn either by stunning the or wrecking/destroying them first turn. The demolisher tanks the guard player had was stuck in a corner due to terrain and then locked down vehicles that he couldn't drive over. The one thing in his list that did do a lot of damage to me was his vendetta's averaging 1 hit each turn on side shots after my cover saves.

Another list I know I may have to face is a Orc Killa kan list of 9 kans with space wolves that may have drop pods or be another razor spam list. An though the kans shouldn't be an issue for me the wolves may pending on if i can get them out of there vehicles quick enough.

One list that should be there is a Space Wolf / White Scars list I believe which of course means Njal who I am finding the most annoying pysker in the game.

An one other list I know that will be there is a Tau / Nids list which should be a lot of fun seeing in action.