PDA

View Full Version : Duke Sliscus and Lady Malys Question

Drago
01-18-2011, 02:40 PM
The Duke needs to deploy with warriors or Trueborn to convey the 2+ poison. Lady Malys allows you to redeploy "after" all deployment is done. So can you deploy him with the squad you want to increase the poison on, then redeploy him to an assault squad where he is more effective using the Lady's ability?

dannyat2460
01-18-2011, 03:16 PM
Dont have the codex on me atm give me 20min to get home lol

but dosnt the duke have to start the game ie the 1st turn in a warrior/trueborn squad?

Drago
01-18-2011, 03:21 PM
Hmm, could be, no codex here with me either, just thought about it.

isotope99
01-18-2011, 03:43 PM
Lady Malys allows redeployment after both sides have deployed Sliscus must be deployed with the unit he is enhancing, so this appears possible. It's not clear though whether Lady Malys' redeployment allows you to separate an HQ from his unit :confused:

Drago
01-18-2011, 09:20 PM
I can't see why not? Hm, oh and I se I made a typo, its a 3+ poison not 2.

For some reason I like that combo a lot and now I like it more.

So I take both of them, put the Duke with some trueborn or warriors, put her with some Incubi, deploy spread across the board with them on separate sides in raiders. Roll her redeployment and at the least redeploy him to her squad and then move flat out across the table with everything else to over load one side and maybe be able to throw some things into Deep Strike if they set up just right for it.

BuFFo
01-18-2011, 09:38 PM
Wow, this is pretty nifty...

I see no issue with this whatsoever.

Interesting....

rle68
01-19-2011, 07:51 PM
I can't see why not? Hm, oh and I se I made a typo, its a 3+ poison not 2.

For some reason I like that combo a lot and now I like it more.

So I take both of them, put the Duke with some trueborn or warriors, put her with some Incubi, deploy spread across the board with them on separate sides in raiders. Roll her redeployment and at the least redeploy him to her squad and then move flat out across the table with everything else to over load one side and maybe be able to throw some things into Deep Strike if they set up just right for it.

So your saying you want to deploy the duke with trueborn grant them the poison bonus then use the lady to redeploy to another unit leaving the bonus with the trueborn?

i am not sure but doesnt it state the duke must start the game deployed with the kabalites? if it does and forgive me i cant locate my codex right now i can find everyone but it, then no because the lady redeploys before the game actually starts so it wouldnt satify his requirement

if it doesnt say he must start the game then id say it woud work its a lil slick but i like it

Drago
01-19-2011, 07:55 PM
I checked it says the Duke must deploy with the warriors or trueborn and the Lady can redeploy after deploying and before the game starts, so according to the codex it is perfectly legal.

rle68
01-19-2011, 08:01 PM
I checked it says the Duke must deploy with the warriors or trueborn and the Lady can redeploy after deploying and before the game starts, so according to the codex it is perfectly legal.

then according to that wording then yeah it works nice :) also doesnt the duke start out with a pain token? you could also make the case you can leave the pain token with the kabalites :)

dannyat2460
01-20-2011, 02:45 PM
Ya i like that little combo id be fine with it give you a bit of a mucky look but allow it lol