Godhammer Land Raider
Techmarine, servo harness
4 Servo Arm Servitors
Cronos

Lots of points like Lysander and Shrike together but:

It ignores stunned and Shaken
It has BS 5
It can auto repair a gun/imobilised result every turn
The Techmarine and crew can repair from inside the raider making them pretty much invulnerable certainly until the raider is destroyed.
The Techmarine unit has 6 Power fist attacks each turn so would be an effective counter assault unit especially if supporting a unit already in assualt.

If only you could get venerable Landraiders!

Thoughts on this point sink/imovable object?

cheers

Charlie

DarkLink
01-18-2011, 11:46 AM
So you're spending like 500 points on a pair of TL lascannons and 6 power fist attacks. That can still be blown up with a single melta shot.

Night System
01-18-2011, 11:54 AM
Try it with a Land Raider Achilles, then tell me about how nobody will play you :P

krispy
01-19-2011, 04:52 AM
the only drawback with using the achilles is that it forfeits transport for the thunderfire cannon.... nice try though, its also lacking an assault ramp so you couldnt assault out of it.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/a/achilles.pdf

i think it sounds like a good / fun plan :)

/k

energongoodie
01-19-2011, 05:32 AM
After reading the new marine FAQ I have come up with THE LANDRAIDER OF DEATH
It can auto repair a gun/imobilised result every turn
The Techmarine and crew can repair from inside the raider making them pretty much invulnerable certainly until the raider is destroyed.

I like Techmarines with Land raiders.
Once small point though, it can not auto repair as a roll of 1 is always a fail.

charliemachina
01-19-2011, 08:22 AM
Curses I forgot one always fails still......fun though no the corner stone of a tornament list but still fun if only for that day when an entire army fails to kill it after three turns of shooting!

cheers

Charlie

Archon Charybdis
01-19-2011, 08:23 AM
the only drawback with using the achilles is that it forfeits transport for the thunderfire cannon.... nice try though, its also lacking an assault ramp so you couldnt assault out of it.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/a/achilles.pdf

i think it sounds like a good / fun plan :)

/k

The Achilles has a transport capacity of 6, more than enough for a Techmarine and Servitors. And who cares about the assault ramp? The whole idea is it's an "indestructible" shooting platform.

DarkLink
01-19-2011, 09:34 AM
Yeah, you can only transport one unit, and you're already carrying the techmarine, so it doesn't matter that you can only carry 6 guys.

gcsmith
01-19-2011, 10:47 AM
last I checked tech marine independent character. so he can join servitors?

krispy
01-20-2011, 02:29 PM
The Achilles has a transport capacity of 6, more than enough for a Techmarine and Servitors. And who cares about the assault ramp? The whole idea is it's an "indestructible" shooting platform.

aha - my bad i saw that in the fluff it said "at the cost of transport capacity" and lazy old me didnt actually look a couple of lines down and see the 6 model capacity.

i thought the lack of it having an assault ramp would have been what stopped the whole get out and charge anyone who attacked at close range the previous turn.

and regarding gcsmith - the techmarine and the MotF can both have a unit of servitors of up to 5 models and they only work as u want when the techmarine / motf are nearby so arent they by default the same unit?

/k

Rattlernxt
01-23-2011, 03:14 AM
IA10 pg 194: Land Raide Achilles Transport Capacity: 6

Gir
01-23-2011, 03:54 AM
Try it with a Land Raider Achilles, then tell me about how nobody will play you :P

I've used my achillies a few times, always get's destroyed, and is basically just a VERY expensive thunderfire cannon.

Archon Charybdis
01-23-2011, 11:52 AM
I've used my achillies a few times, always get's destroyed, and is basically just a VERY expensive thunderfire cannon.

Out of curiosity, what keeps destroying it so consistently? Are these in games against the same army?

DarkLink
01-23-2011, 05:51 PM

And yet some people whine as if it was the most broken thing in the game:rolleyes:.