PDA

View Full Version : Karhandras vs. Drazhar

jorz192
01-16-2011, 01:06 PM
I'm just wondering would think of playing a game of Eldar vs. Dark Eldar where the HQs are
Karhandras and Drazhar for their respective races.

In addition how about the only other units the players would be allowed to take could be
striking scorpions and Incubi and maybe transports?

I mean fluff wise this might be a cool showdown, even though I think the Craftworld Eldar would
probably get murdered.

Anyway what do you think would happen and do you think this would be a cool fight?

geisthammer
01-16-2011, 01:46 PM
I would like to think drazhar all the way, come on hes the master of blades...but phoenix lords are immortal.
Maugan Ra vs drazhar would be a epic, two evil *** looking dudes kicking the brown stuff out of each other for millenia.
BL should do a trilogy....

GrenAcid
01-16-2011, 02:39 PM
Maugan Ra vs drazhar would be a epic
Not epic, that would be quick murder...as for main topic, Im not sure if Drazhar would kill Karhandras but Im sure Incubi would win this.

Nice mission for city fight....ideas for special rules to that?

geisthammer
01-16-2011, 02:43 PM
Not epic, that would be quick murder...as for main topic, Im not sure if Drazhar would kill Karhandras but Im sure Incubi would win this.

Nice mission for city fight....ideas for special rules to that?

fluff wise..?

jorz192
01-16-2011, 02:48 PM
I was thinking the Incubi would murder the Striking scorpions too. But I think Maugan Ra vs. Drazhar could be interesting.
Maugan Ra would get some shooting in and reapers could toast some Incubi. But the Reapers and Maugan Ra would get destroyed in an assault so it would still be thrown to the Incubi.
City fight would be awesome!

geisthammer
01-16-2011, 02:56 PM
in the fluff eldar pheonix lords are immortal. so if the eldar in the armour gets killed, the armour finds a new host to have the title of pheonix lord. doesnt it say some where that drazhar IS a pheonix lord???

jorz192
01-16-2011, 03:12 PM
It's hinted that Drazhar is Arhra and it is known that Arhra founded the striking scorpions not Karandras.

The eldar codex says, "He (Karandras) is not the oldest of the striking scorpions exarchs, for that honour belongs to Arhra the father of the scorpions, the most sinister of all the phoenix lords, the fallen phoenix who burns with the dark light of chaos.
Karandras took his place tempering the murderous nature of his predecessor with the patience of the hunter.

The Dark Eldar codex says "Some say he (Drazhar) is Arhra, the fabled dark father of the Incubi incarnate, others that his armor is filled with nothing more than dust."

To me that sounds like Drazhar/Arhra is the founder of the stiking scorpions and Incubi.
I guess that would make him a phoenix lord.
Even his stats are the same as the phoenix lords in the eldar codex.

eldargal
01-17-2011, 08:21 AM
If we assume Drazhar is Arha, then Karandras is clearly his equal as all their confrontations to date have ended in a draw. In terms of fluff, that is. Rules wise Karandras is in dire need of an update so they can't really be compared. Bear in mind that Incubi and Striking Scorpions do not fulfill the same role and are not going to be match up perfectly.

jorz192
01-17-2011, 09:13 AM
Is there more information on the Karnadras and Arhra/Drazhar in another book or online source?

I think it would be a cool story for black library to pick up and do a book or series on.

geisthammer
01-17-2011, 09:17 AM
yes it would, a book for each of the aspects and pheonix lords. BL would have my cash then.

Defenestratus
01-17-2011, 09:31 AM
Path of the Warrior is pretty much a story about Kharandras. Sorta.

geisthammer
01-17-2011, 09:41 AM
Is there more information on the Karnadras and Arhra/Drazhar in another book or online source?

I think it would be a cool story for black library to pick up and do a book or series on.

I think you should try the older elder codexs.

jorz192
01-17-2011, 11:23 AM
Especially since there are so few Eldar Books and no Dark Eldar books that I know of.
It would be epic!

I could see Maugan Ra making an appearance in the book. It would be awesome to see the Reaper of souls in a book.

And a duel between Karandras and Arhra/Drazhar!

Defenestratus
01-17-2011, 11:39 AM
Especially since there are so few Eldar Books and no Dark Eldar books that I know of.
It would be epic!

I could see Maugan Ra making an appearance in the book. It would be awesome to see the Reaper of souls in a book.

And a duel between Karandras and Arhra/Drazhar!

I think a book told from the PLords' POV would be VERY difficult for an author. In Path of the Warrior, the few pages were you were "inside" Khrandras' character, it was like he was a multiple personality schitzo with all the souls of the past inhabitants talking at once.

If this were to become the way that PL's indeed function - then depicting events from their perspective could be quite time consuming :P

geisthammer
01-17-2011, 11:42 AM
I think a book told from the PLords' POV would be VERY difficult for an author. In Path of the Warrior, the few pages were you were "inside" Khrandras' character, it was like he was a multiple personality schitzo with all the souls of the past inhabitants talking at once.

If this were to become the way that PL's indeed function - then depicting events from their perspective could be quite time consuming :P

but undoubtably epic.

jorz192
01-17-2011, 01:21 PM
But are the beings that become the Phoenix lords when one perishes completely consumed by Khaine?

If they are it might make sense that their former personalities would be completely left behind and they would become the perfect Aspect of Khaine.

I guess that would make them like the perfect exarch? I don't know that kind of makes sens to me.

That's just one way of looking at it. What do you guys think?

Defenestratus
01-17-2011, 01:29 PM
But are the beings that become the Phoenix lords when one perishes completely consumed by Khaine?

If they are it might make sense that their former personalities would be completely left behind and they would become the perfect Aspect of Khaine.

I guess that would make them like the perfect exarch? I don't know that kind of makes sens to me.

That's just one way of looking at it. What do you guys think?

Eh

I hope to not give away too much of Path of the Warrior for those who haven't read it - but when the character puts on the armor - all the voices from the previous inhabitants of the suit were present - not so sure they were "talking" to him but the main presence in the suit was definitely controlling what was going on.

eldargal
01-17-2011, 07:26 PM
Wasn't it the Exarch that had all the voices, with Karandras there was 'just Karandras' and the personality of the chap who became the new Karandras was gone? I'm sure thats right.:confused:

Defenestratus
01-18-2011, 07:19 AM
Maybe you're right EG... tbh I've tried to shove that horrible book into the recesses of my consciousness :P

eldargal
01-19-2011, 10:07 AM
I rather enjoyed PotW, a lot of good insights into Eldar culture. Really looking forward to Path of the Seer, so long as Thirianna survives the novel. The ending of PotW is not a precedent I want set for the whole series.:rolleyes:

Drew da Destroya
01-24-2011, 03:55 PM
She's totally getting crystalized, and you know it. Shows the "end of the path of the seer", I'm sure.

Still, I enjoyed PotW, if not necessarily the main character. Definitely some cool insight into the Aspect Warriors.