PDA

View Full Version : 40K Quiz

Jwolf
08-28-2009, 09:27 PM
Since TKE asked, here it is. No cheating. ;)

1) A twin-linked template weapon allows you to reroll what?
2) A roll of 4 on the Vehicle Damage chart is what result?
3) A hull-mounted vehicle weapon has what arc of sight angle?
4) The Eternal Warrior USR has what effect?
5) What is the lowest Strength value a model may have?
6) A model with WS:2 hits an Eldar Exarch on what rolls?
7) What is the maximum speed of a Chimera travelling on a road?
8) A unit which goes to ground in the open has what cover save?
9) A Space Marine hits with his Bolter on what rolls?
10) The Furious Charge USR increases which two stats?
11) A Monstrous Creature may fire how many weapons per turn?
12) A wrecked vehicle becomes what two types of terrain?
13) The Emperor's Champion has what Initiative value?
14) How many shots does a Daemonhunter Assault Cannon have?
15) What is the maximum number of Imperial Guard Infatry models that may be deployed in Dawn of War?
16) Assuming 5 Space Marine Scouts are covered by a Heavy Flamer template fired by a Landspeeder in an army lead by Vulkan, what are the odds that all the Scouts will die?
17) Which Choas Space Marine Special Characters have 4+ Invulnerable saves?
18) A unit of 10 Pink Horrors enter the board via Deep Strike and fire at a nearby Imperial Guard Valkyrie, to no effect. The Valkyrie then returns fire. If the Valkyrie has Multiple Rocket Pods as its only upgrade and Fateweaver is 10" from the Horrors, how many dead Horrors should result is every shot from the Valkyrie hits?
19) Name every Monstrous Creature that cannot have wings (or flight).
20) What is the effect of the Crucible of Malediction?

I'll post answers in another thread in a day or two. The winner got 16/20 correct.

FirstLegion
08-28-2009, 09:46 PM
Not to mention, the players had a limited amount of time to complete it.

icecube
08-29-2009, 06:26 AM
Woot! IŽd like to know what was the time limit the players had to answer in. I love how the questions get harder towards the end. Especially the last 2 are real hard.:)

Aims
08-29-2009, 11:54 AM
As an additional note, in order to get credit for questions 12, 17, and 20, you had to give the full answer. For question 19, you had to have at least six and no incorrect names to get credit. It was supposed to be half an hour, but ended up being somewhere between 15-20 minutes.

harveydent
09-03-2009, 10:08 AM

15) What is the maximum number of Imperial Guard Infatry models that may be deployed in Dawn of War?
16) Assuming 5 Space Marine Scouts are covered by a Heavy Flamer template fired by a Landspeeder in an army lead by Vulkan, what are the odds that all the Scouts will die?
18) A unit of 10 Pink Horrors enter the board via Deep Strike and fire at a nearby Imperial Guard Valkyrie, to no effect. The Valkyrie then returns fire. If the Valkyrie has Multiple Rocket Pods as its only upgrade and Fateweaver is 10" from the Horrors, how many dead Horrors should result is every shot from the Valkyrie hits?

I'll post answers in another thread in a day or two. The winner got 16/20 correct.

1) to-wound rolls
2) immobilized
3) 90 degrees
4) immune to instant death
5) 1
6) assuming that this is happening during the assault phase, it's a 5+
7) 18"
8) assuming it has no other cover save-enhancing rules, it gets a 6+
9) space marines hit on 3+, while space marines with a bs5+ hit on 2+ (or even 2+ with a re-roll of 6+ in the case of telion or some other characters)
10) initiative and strength
11) 2 heavy weapons, and an infinite amount of other weapons (e.g. wraithlord)
12) difficult terrain, and assuming that you accept that there actually IS a terrain type called 'dangerous,' then dangerous terrain as well
13) initiative 5, unless another rule modifies this
14) heavy 3
15) 120
16) 88.89%
17) abaddon, ahriman
18) assuming that the valkyrie controller places the large blast templates so that they cover all the horrors, 3.958 horrors will die
19) aside from those that are not in the current list of legal codices, nightbringer, deceiver, wraithlord, talos, throne of judgment, carnifex, 'the other hive tyrant (after the one you purchased with wings),' summoned greater daemon, great unclean one, keeper of secrets, kugath, skarbrand
20) it can be activated once per game. starting with the psyker closest to the crucible, psykers must take leadership tests until they all have or one of them fails. the one that fails (if any) is removed from the game.

geoff

p.s. i did this without having to look up anything :)

Foreigner
09-03-2009, 10:29 AM
1) to-wound rolls
2) immobilized
3) 90 degrees
4) immune to instant death
5) 1
6) assuming that this is happening during the assault phase, it's a 5+
7) 18"
8) assuming it has no other cover save-enhancing rules, it gets a 6+
9) space marines hit on 3+, while space marines with a bs5+ hit on 2+ (or even 2+ with a re-roll of 6+ in the case of telion or some other characters)
10) initiative and strength
11) 2 heavy weapons, and an infinite amount of other weapons (e.g. wraithlord)
12) difficult terrain, and assuming that you accept that there actually IS a terrain type called 'dangerous,' then dangerous terrain as well
13) initiative 5, unless another rule modifies this
14) heavy 3
15) 120
16) 88.89%
17) abaddon, ahriman
18) assuming that the valkyrie controller places the large blast templates so that they cover all the horrors, 3.958 horrors will die
19) aside from those that are not in the current list of legal codices, nightbringer, deceiver, wraithlord, talos, throne of judgment, carnifex, 'the other hive tyrant (after the one you purchased with wings),' summoned greater daemon, great unclean one, keeper of secrets, kugath, skarbrand
20) it can be activated once per game. starting with the psyker closest to the crucible, psykers must take leadership tests until they all have or one of them fails. the one that fails (if any) is removed from the game.

geoff

p.s. i did this without having to look up anything :)

And just looking at it, you got 15 / 20

Assuming I'm being nice and not docking you for the MC question -- even then you left at least 1 out so you lose the tie-breaker had you gotten 16 correct

harveydent
09-03-2009, 11:05 PM
And just looking at it, you got 15 / 20

Assuming I'm being nice and not docking you for the MC question -- even then you left at least 1 out so you lose the tie-breaker had you gotten 16 correct

AHHH i thought it said 10 scouts. 5 scouts would be 4.444%

TheKingElessar
09-24-2009, 07:45 PM

Crap, I only just found this. Well, firstly, thanks. Secondly, answers.

1) To Wound rolls, or Armour penetration rolls where the target has an AV rather than a T characteristic.
2) Immobilised. Unless it's a Glance, then it's Stunned. Let's ignore Squadrons, AP1, AP-, Open-Topped and other such rules. ;)
3) 45* - notably, so do Dreadnought arms.
4) makes said model Immune to the Instant Death rule. Also increases coolness by a factor of 2.5.
5) The theoretical minimum characteristic is 0, but in this case, 1.
6) Said model does not hit the Exarch, as it has a lower Initiative. Failing that...a 5 or 6 will suffice.
7) 18" - it's not Fast. It must spend the ENTIRE movement on the road though.
8) A 6+ Cover Save.
9) Assuming he's shooting with it, a 3,4,5,6.
10) Strength and Initiative, although only to a Maximum of ten. However, as it must be used when launching an Assault (not a Counter-Attack) your A value will usually also be increased by separate but related factors.
11) 2. this includes Psychic Shooting Attacks.
12) Difficult and Dangerous. Unless you mean 'a Crater' and 'on the board'.
13) This one, I'm not 100% on. I believe it is 5.
14) Nicely done...I'm saying 4, but I do not know if they are different, as they are in their armoury.
15) - This is a contentious issue, as some believe, incorrectly, that Platoon = Unit, and claim ludicrous numbers like 300+. In actual fact the answer is 10+55+55 (CCS, Combined Infantry with 5 Commissars, Combined Infantry with 5 Commissars.) = 120. Priests and Techpriest Enginseers, despite not taking up a FoC slot are considered HQs and so cannot be deployed. Obviously, with WH allies, additional Priests can be chosen from their Codex, as they are not ICs, but UCs. this creates an interesting issue with Space Wolves that I will address in the FAQ I'm writing. The 'other' maximum, btw, is 10+55+55+5+5+6+6+6+6+6+6+3+3+3+3+3+3+3+3+3+3+50+50 = (120+10+36+30+100) 296 IIRC.
16) Scouts are wounded on 3+, so of 5 rolls you will wound 3.3r, leaving you 1.6r to re-roll with Vulkan's ability. 2/3 of those wound now, so that's 1.056 extra. Being AP4, they die. 4.386 Scouts die. Ah, re-read the question, but since I just put the effort in, not deleting that working. Okay, doing that on paper, I got 32/36 that each dies. That's 8/9...so the odds of all 5 dying are pretty good. Bah. I've no idea how to work this out further...I gain nothing by cheating. I accept defeat - although I think I possibly earnt half a point.
17) Special Characters with 4+ Invul Saves? Abaddon, Ahriman...I'm pretty sure Typhus doesn't, but I've never seen him on a table, so I've never needed to check. I read him once, and that was it. Hell, he's even Mail Order only.
18) WTF? How MANY does it hit? I assume all ten, otherwise, well. MRPs wound them on 3's, again, IIRC. So, ten x 3+ = 6.6. With a 4+ Invul Save (MoT - nice.) they lose 3.3, and re-roll, so in the end only 1.65 dies to each hit.
19) Carnifex. Wraithlord. Avatar. Greater Daemon. Nightbringer. The Deciever. GuO. KoS. Calgar (j/k) Talos. I think I missed one. Damn.
20) *paraphrasing* Inflicts a hit on enemy Psykers anywhere on the board. Ones outside of 24" get a bonus, ones in 12" get hit harder. It may be a S3 hit that goes up by one, but there's a roll-off of some sort involved. It's once per game. Costs about 20/30 points, that range. Only one can be bought per army. I'm pretty sure it's the bottom item on the DE Wargear List. Incidental details to obscure vagueness above? Yes please!

Hmm. Well, I got at least 12. Depending on how tough you are on scoring, I could scrape above 15. Doubt it though.

Thanks again, that was enjoyable. Except the first maths question. I was pretty happy with the answer I worked out that didn't actually answer the question. lol