PDA

View Full Version : Which Fast Attack/Bike Heavy Chapter?

wittdooley
08-28-2009, 08:56 PM
So I've recently come into quite a few space marine bikes and attack bikes, and was wondering what chapter ya'll think I should paint them up as. My main force are Salamanders Space Marines, and I don't use any bikes or speeders in it because I believe it goes against the fluff. In that regard, I'd obviously like it to be a chapter that DOES rely pretty heavily on fast attack/bikes and speeders.

I know the Ravenwing and the White Scars are the two obvious choices, but quite frankly, I'm not blown away by the paint schemes on either. So I'm open to suggestions. Can be a chapter of any founding, just one that relies on fast attack as their primary mode of kick-assery.

Cheers, and thanks!

Storm Seer
08-29-2009, 01:34 PM
You have lots of options.

Any of the known White Scars successors (red, yellow or halved red/white).

A Dark Angels successor with their own version of Ravenwing.

Any codex chapter's 6th Reserve Company (all tactical squads that have access to bikes), 7th Company (all tacticals that have access to land speeders), or 8th company (all assault squads that can be on bikes or land speeders).

The Red Templars have been depicted in the How to Paint Space Marines book on bikes, but there's no fluff about them to say whether or not this means they favour bikes.