PDA

View Full Version : Painting Space wolves...

MarneusCalgar
01-13-2011, 08:29 AM
Hi!!

About painting our space puppies… You prefer painting them grey, as the old fashioned ones, that dark grey we loved in 2nd and 3rd Edition, or you prefer the icy “bluegrey” image they have now??

01-13-2011, 09:13 AM
I really liked the icy blue you mentioned, but lately I think I'm more a fan of a dark grey on them. A while back, AwesomePaintJob did a video on airbrushing space wolves and the grey he got out of it was pretty great!

MarneusCalgar
01-13-2011, 10:02 AM
Yes, I follow Lester´s vids and agree with you... I think the new colour is too blue and there´s so much blue marines out there... Ultramarines, Crimson Fists, Thousand Sons... I prefer the old grey one!!

Should try to paint them with the Army Painter basecoating spray, they have a uniform grey that matches perfectly!!

rustbucket
01-14-2011, 10:53 AM
I'm a big fan of the Gray/Blue sceme. I mixed my own blend to make it more gray though. But MarneusCalgar is right, there are alot of Blue based Marines out there!

Kawauso
01-14-2011, 08:05 PM
I'm pretty lazy when it comes to things like blending custom paint colours.

I paint mine Fenris Grey over a black basecoat and do a black wash over the details, then edge highlights with Space Wolves Grey. Seems to work out alright.

Might try changing things up a bit whenever I get back to painting my Space Puppies, though. My technique has gotten better in the interim from painting my Tyranids, Imperial Guard and Bronze Angels (counts as Blood Angels).

Firebird
01-15-2011, 11:02 AM
I am a fan of the darker grey, I'm a fan of some of the older style paint jobs..