PDA

View Full Version : Blood angels 2nd wave release date?

addamsfamily36
01-12-2011, 12:09 PM
Ok firstly, apologies if this has already been confirmed and i missed it.

But does anyone know the release date (at least for pre-orders) for the 2nd wave of blood angels.

Looking at the back of the latest white dwarf, the date says Blood angels 29th of january.

Now if this is in reference to the pre order dates, that would be a saturday. saturday? is that a normal day?
I thought pre-orders were tuesdays and now wednesdays.

If its a release day, then thats extremely soon, to have seen no pre-orders or previews despite the blurry shots from the underground.

discuss, inform, debate or close if this has been resolved already :)

isotope99
01-12-2011, 01:15 PM
This is probably the white dwarf release date, I'd expect the models to be a week or two later but not confirmed.

addamsfamily36
01-12-2011, 01:33 PM
Oh, so like in white dwarf (issue 374) we cover the blood angels. and that white dwarf is out on the 29th?

That would make some sense.

isotope99
01-12-2011, 01:39 PM
Exactly, the models usually follow close behind the White Dwarf so that people get the mag, and are then psyched up for the release. For example, December WD had Skaven issue on the inside back cover released on the 8th Jan with the models released this week on the 15th.

Logically, if they followed this pattern, the release would be 5th Feb with pre-orders coming out in a week or two. Or I could be completely wrong :p.

addamsfamily36
01-12-2011, 01:50 PM
Hmmm christmas seems to have created some interesting release dates.

Usually leeks of photos or pre orders on the website are seen before they cover them in the latest white dwarf. I certainly saw the preorders for the new skaven before the latest white dwarf.

so on that basis, i think you may be right next week could see pre-orders for the 2nd wave.

i can hope :D

Gir
01-12-2011, 06:36 PM
Hmmm christmas seems to have created some interesting release dates.

Usually leeks of photos or pre orders on the website are seen before they cover them in the latest white dwarf. I certainly saw the preorders for the new skaven before the latest white dwarf.

so on that basis, i think you may be right next week could see pre-orders for the 2nd wave.

i can hope :D

Normal releases are the first and third saturdays of each month, with the exception of Januray which are released mid month (Same thing happened to nid's last year).

So I'd say we get Blood Angels on the 5th of Feb.

addamsfamily36
01-12-2011, 06:44 PM
Gir, cheers for the clarification on release dates.

so you reckon released in store on the 5th?

would that put a pre-order date to be within the coming week?

Gir
01-12-2011, 06:52 PM
Pre-Orders normally go up after the current months releases, so next monday is a very safe bet for pre-orders going up.

addamsfamily36
01-12-2011, 06:54 PM
In that case it should be Wednesday.

I was told, and it seems to have happened with recent releases, that because of 1 man stores being closed on a monday and tuesday the pre-orders were moved to being released on wednesday.

this of course could be utter nonsense.

lobster-overlord
01-12-2011, 11:54 PM
A quick note about GW and Saturdays. Yes, Saturdays are teh normal release days. Having been a GW retailer, I know that they take orders on monday, ship tuesdays/wednesdays for deliveries on Fridays/Saturdays in most areas. This allows for product to flow across country via UPS (here in the states) to be everywhere for a Saturday launch.

So, yes, items are dated for release on a Saturday.

John M.

Defenestratus
01-13-2011, 06:46 AM
This thread confuses me so much.

So - pre orders should go up on Monday the 17th, and orders shipped Feb 5th?

I've got my credit card ready to swipe - hurry up GW. I need me some storm ravens

addamsfamily36
01-13-2011, 07:08 PM
A quick note about GW and Saturdays. Yes, Saturdays are teh normal release days. Having been a GW retailer, I know that they take orders on monday, ship tuesdays/wednesdays for deliveries on Fridays/Saturdays in most areas. This allows for product to flow across country via UPS (here in the states) to be everywhere for a Saturday launch.

So, yes, items are dated for release on a Saturday.

John M.

This thread confuses me so much.

So - pre orders should go up on Monday the 17th, and orders shipped Feb 5th?

I've got my credit card ready to swipe - hurry up GW. I need me some storm ravens

Apologies for any confusion.

Basically heres a run down:

white dwarf coverage of the new blood angels released in white dwarf 374 on the 29th of january.

Pre orders for the wave, should go up on the website on wednesday. they rarely go up on a monday and they used to be tuesdays. But recently they have been shifted (or so it appears to wednesdays) so next wednesday i would pretty much place a bet that thats when we shall see pre orders going up and hopefully some nice pictures too :)

Actual release date of the 5th of February.

Right i think i got all that correct to what i can determine from previous releases etc.

Defenestratus
01-14-2011, 07:32 AM
Pre orders for the wave, should go up on the website on wednesday. they rarely go up on a monday and they used to be tuesdays. But recently they have been shifted (or so it appears to wednesdays) so next wednesday i would pretty much place a bet that thats when we shall see pre orders going up and hopefully some nice pictures too

Muchos Danke!

Bigred
01-18-2011, 10:18 PM
Assembled Blood Angels dread

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_XNrtE8blEWk/TTZVu1sRK6I/AAAAAAAAEac/ZOD6cPTuDTY/s1600/IMG_1290.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_XNrtE8blEWk/TTZVvvzJ5YI/AAAAAAAAEag/l7CCAqzntMY/s1600/IMG_1291.jpg

Gir
01-18-2011, 10:26 PM
Assembled Blood Angels dread

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_XNrtE8blEWk/TTZVu1sRK6I/AAAAAAAAEac/ZOD6cPTuDTY/s1600/IMG_1290.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_XNrtE8blEWk/TTZVvvzJ5YI/AAAAAAAAEag/l7CCAqzntMY/s1600/IMG_1291.jpg

I want to go to there.

wittdooley
01-18-2011, 10:32 PM
Little bit of gamer chub goin on. Can't wait.

Brass Scorpion
01-18-2011, 11:16 PM
Advance Order for the new Blood Angels models should go live on the GW website sometime today, Wednesday, January 19. Release dates for the past year or more, with the exception of the Skaven, have pretty much always been the first Saturday of the month. That would be February 5 in this case. If they move it back a week like they did with Skaven, it would be Feb. 12.

Gravidian
01-19-2011, 03:27 AM
That Dread is super sweet!

Warpath
01-19-2011, 11:18 AM
I`m a little confused about this 2nd wave of BA, i thought that they were going to realease some new sculpts for some characters, wonder if it was just me or i actually heard that somewhere.

addamsfamily36
01-19-2011, 01:31 PM
I`m a little confused about this 2nd wave of BA, i thought that they were going to realease some new sculpts for some characters, wonder if it was just me or i actually heard that somewhere.

I think it was a rumour, probably started by wishful thinkers.

the designers based a lot of the new range ( mainly the sanguinary guard) on models such as mephiston and dante. It would then be odd to redesign these classic models which the new range was based on.

However i was hoping for a plastic sanguinary priest or a sprue, because buying a command box set is expensive for one model.

Warpath
01-19-2011, 02:35 PM
Mephiston NEEDS a new model. :(

Defenestratus
01-19-2011, 03:18 PM
I think it was a rumour, probably started by wishful thinkers.

the designers based a lot of the new range ( mainly the sanguinary guard) on models such as mephiston and dante. It would then be odd to redesign these classic models which the new range was based on.

However i was hoping for a plastic sanguinary priest or a sprue, because buying a command box set is expensive for one model.

Bitz order the apothecary arm. Thats what I did. Add some bitz from the DC box and the Sang Guard box and you get a nice set of three that will be adequate for most armies.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_W-OLykJh4lc/TLMPugMpKMI/AAAAAAAAMNo/pOUtBBJ11kc/s400/2010-10-11_09-21-54_491.jpg