PDA

View Full Version : 2000 pt CSM tank party

Bedroom General
01-11-2011, 08:26 PM
Good day Bolsketeers,
I was looking at my chaos vehicle park and thought I'd try to get as many in a list as I could. I played this enjoyably vehicle heavy list vs Korra'so marines for a win yesterday, but it could have gone the other way. Anyhow....

Kharn (single handedly took out a tac squad, but then suffered from rubber gorechild syndrome and had his head pulled off by a dread!!)

6x Chosen I.O.N. 5x plasma ( rapid fired into 10 terminators, killed ONE!!!!!! massacred by terminators in return. Hilarious! )

6x K Bers chmp Pfist rhino (Kharn in here)

6x k Bers chmp Pfist rhino

6x Plague M chmp Pfist 2x flamers rhino

6x Plague M 2x melta rhino

5x Noise M 5x sonic blasters rhino

Vindicator possessed ( One of my vindicators was nigh unkillable eventually losing its gun despite charging into the teeth of twin linked lascannon tomfoolery for three rounds!)

Vindicator possessed

Predator twin linked las cannon (no sponsons)

Ten vehicles, 1997 pts

I know full well that there are point sinks in the army (Chosen!) but I only use models that I have painted, and these are usually cult armies, so the Chosen are of Nurgle. In fact the hardest leap of faith in building this list was to drop from sacred numbers for my squad sizes. It didn't feel right, but it was a sacrifice I decided on in order to fit all the vehicles. The squads did well at that size (6 'zerkers on the charge, one with power fist is a surprising amount of attacks), every unit was surprisingly resilient except the Chosen (I rolled amazingly badly for anything to do with these guys!) and Kharn. I rarely use him and I'd never got him into combat when I did (Thank you Mr. Vindicare assassin!) and definitely got carried away with his suicide run! I found that the speed with which I could counter threats and push for the objectives (capture and control mission, dawn of war ) was excellent. I also found the tin boxes when empty caused havoc driving into troops and blocking movement. Great fun list, that looks impressive on the table. My own Tau would LOVE a kill points game against it!

WereWolf_nr
01-11-2011, 08:39 PM
Good day Bolsketeers,
I was looking at my chaos vehicle park and thought I'd try to get as many in a list as I could. I played this enjoyably vehicle heavy list vs Korra'so marines for a win yesterday, but it could have gone the other way. Anyhow....

Kharn (single handedly took out a tac squad, but then suffered from rubber gorechild syndrome and had his head pulled off by a dread!!)

6x Chosen I.O.N. 5x plasma ( rapid fired into 10 terminators, killed ONE!!!!!! massacred by terminators in return. Hilarious! )

6x K Bers chmp Pfist rhino (Kharn in here)

6x k Bers chmp Pfist rhino

6x Plague M chmp Pfist 2x flamers rhino

5x Noise M 5x sonic blasters rhino

Vindicator possessed ( One of my vindicators was nigh unkillable eventually losing its gun despite charging into the teeth of twin linked lascannon tomfoolery for three rounds!)

Vindicator possessed

Predator twin linked las cannon (no sponsons)

Ten vehicles, 1997 pts

Looks like a fun list that still should stand up.

Smotku
01-11-2011, 09:38 PM
My Tau would love it if they got first turn but be soiling their armor if not. I like this list although i run havoc missile launchers or combo weapons on my rhinos. Do you put anything on them and yes possessed vindies are fun. I am going to convert one of BA land raiders ( 6 is just too many) into a chaos version and that should make for a fun csm mech list. CSM tanks ftw.