PDA

View Full Version : Chaplain Carnak

Tynskel
01-08-2011, 04:26 PM
I though Carnak was awesome in the movie.

Chaplain Carnak 115 Points
WS 5, BS 4, S 4, T 4, W 2, I 4, A 2, Ld 10, Sv 3+
Honour of the Chapter
Liturgies of Battle

Wargear
Rosarius
Bolt Pistol
Power Armor
Emperor's Voice

Emperor's Voice
The Emperor's Voice is an ancient Crozius, gifted to the Imperial Fists by the Emperor himself. It is the symbol of the Emperor's Power, and once per game, in the Shooting Phase, may fire as a weapon. It is also power weapon.
Assault 1, Template. Str 6, AP 2

justsam
01-08-2011, 05:03 PM
i know they were caught in a firefight and more or less surrounded, but i feel like he shouldn't have been able to move before using it since it looked like he was gathering himself before doing it

Tynskel
01-08-2011, 05:28 PM
good point.

Honour of the Chapter
Liturgies of Battle

Wargear
Rosarius
Bolt Pistol
Power Armor
Emperor's Voice

Emperor's Voice
The Emperor's Voice is an ancient Crozius, gifted to the Imperial Fists by the Emperor himself. It is the symbol of the Emperor's Power, and once per game, in the Shooting Phase, may fire as a weapon. It is also power weapon.
Heavy 1, Template. Str 6, AP 2

GM Rex Nihilo
01-08-2011, 05:29 PM
i know they were caught in a firefight and more or less surrounded, but i feel like he shouldn't have been able to move before using it since it looked like he was gathering himself before doing it

Hey Flotsam, since when is a flamer, heavy ... never because other wise i would be useless.

Tynskel
01-08-2011, 05:41 PM
true.

justsam
01-08-2011, 07:43 PM
since when is a flamer, heavy

obviously when it's a heavy flamer ;)
edit: upon actually looking it up, yes, i realize that even heavy flamers are assault. but i stand by my initial response!

seriously, though, i do want to convert up a chaplain in the style of carnak. the skull bandolier thing just reeked of awesome. and as for a heavy template shot, i've never imagined/heard/read about a chaplain who stands still quietly in the middle of battle, so there must have been SOMETHING nonstandard about that crozius

Tynskel
01-08-2011, 09:05 PM
remember he was shooting originally. He just then Paused. And waited. And Waited... until the right moment.

"Burn Heritics!!!"

I really like how they portrayed him. Grim. Resolute. Fearless. When everyone else was fighting for their lives, he was calm, waiting for the proper moment to destroy all who oppose the Emperor. John Hurt was a good choice for the role.

Yeah, I like the bandolier. I have a sanguinary priest with a bandolier of skulls. I have always imagined that the skulls are not trophies, but previous priests that have worn the uniform.

Night System
01-09-2011, 06:49 AM
Good rules, i would play them.

However i dont beleive that they are very representative of his power, which was to freeze the Chaos marines in time... kinda...

A better rule i beleive, would be for once per game during an assault phase, pick a unit the chaplain is in combat with. The unit may not do anything this assault phase. Possibly with a bit of a buff :P

justsam
01-09-2011, 08:34 AM
not at 115 points, though...and if you incorporate that rule, then maybe make it a blast template centered on carnak, and anything wholly or partially under it can't do anything for the remainder of the player turn

Tynskel
01-09-2011, 04:43 PM
Another option could be:

Honour of the Chapter
Liturgies of Battle

Wargear
Rosarius
Bolt Pistol
Power Armor
Emperor's Voice

Emperor's Voice
The Emperor's Voice is an ancient Crozius, gifted to the Imperial Fists by the Emperor himself. It is the symbol of the Emperor's Power, and once per game, may be used at the start of the assault phase: Carnak and the squad he is attached to may strike at Initiative 10 for the round of combat. The Emperor's Voice is also a Single Hand Power Weapon.

justsam
01-09-2011, 07:38 PM
i think i'm ok with that

Tynskel
01-09-2011, 07:58 PM
yeah, 115 points. Realistically, it isn't that great, but it is good enough for that one time to make a difference.

the only thing is, that it could easily be used in an 'honor guard' and then become redonkulous.

dannyat2460
01-10-2011, 03:04 AM
Hey Flotsam, since when is a flamer, heavy ... never because other wise i would be useless.

When the rules say its heavy, and he never said it was a flammer he just said it was a template weapon, granted a template weapon that you cant move before shooting is in most cases stupid and irrelivent but i could make it work...

I would however say that as its a lightning type attack do it like the primirus psyker R12" S6 AP3 Heavy2D6

Heavy to make it fit in with the charging time S6 AP3 as it worked really well against marines not terminators and 12" range so you actualy get a chance to fire it