PDA

View Full Version : Dark Eldar Kabbalite 1850

thecactusman17
01-04-2011, 11:43 PM
Lots of shooting and lots of mobility in this list. Tell me what you all think!

HQ == 125 pts.
Archon, Agonizer, Blast Pistol, Shadow Field

Elites == 274
Incubi (x4), Klaivex w/ Onslaught and Demiklaives in a Venom w/ Nightshields, extra Splinter Cannon (Archon hitches a ride here)

Trueborn (x3), 2x splinter cannons

Troops == 740
4 units: Warriors (x10) w/ Blaster, Syrabite, in a Raider w/ Nightshields

Fast Attack == 202
Reavers (x6) w/ 2 Blasters, 2 Caltrops

Heavy ==495
3 units: Razorwing Fighters, w/ Darklances, Splinter Cannons, and Nightshields

Lots of mechanized, mobile anti-tank and poison in this one. 10 Dark Lances, 7 blaster weapons, and 104 poisoned shooting attacks per turn in addition to 12 S6 blast templates.

Scoot n' shoot. That's how I like it. The Incubi and Archon (who should benefit from Onslaught) are great for beating a strong-arm squad to death though. And after they hit table, the transport just keeps pumping poison into anything too big for them to beat with brute force.

-edit- Rules violation, overstocked on Splinter Cannons for the Trueborn. Minor changes to Archon and Incubi loadout, removed a Trueborn.

donut
01-05-2011, 06:44 AM
Lots of shooting and lots of mobility in this list. Tell me what you all think!

HQ == 125 pts.
Archon, Agonizer, Blast Pistol, Shadow Field

Elites == 274
Incubi (x4), Klaivex w/ Onslaught and Demiklaives in a Venom w/ Nightshields, extra Splinter Cannon (Archon hitches a ride here)

Trueborn (x3), 2x splinter cannons

Troops == 740
4 units: Warriors (x10) w/ Blaster, Syrabite, in a Raider w/ Nightshields

Fast Attack == 202
Reavers (x6) w/ 2 Blasters, 2 Caltrops

Heavy ==495
3 units: Razorwing Fighters, w/ Darklances, Splinter Cannons, and Nightshields

Lots of mechanized, mobile anti-tank and poison in this one. 10 Dark Lances, 7 blaster weapons, and 104 poisoned shooting attacks per turn in addition to 12 S6 blast templates.

Scoot n' shoot. That's how I like it. The Incubi and Archon (who should benefit from Onslaught) are great for beating a strong-arm squad to death though. And after they hit table, the transport just keeps pumping poison into anything too big for them to beat with brute force.

-edit- Rules violation, overstocked on Splinter Cannons for the Trueborn. Minor changes to Archon and Incubi loadout, removed a Trueborn.

seems like you are making a shooting list, then what is the point of the incubi unit? they are out there all by them selves. no grenades. no other CC threats. This is not a tie up unit that will lock up tought units. would any one be scared of just 1- 5man squad of wolf gaurd power armor with power weapons, with no other CC threats, they will just shoot this squad to death turn 1.
no venom for the trueborn? 4+ cover save is not going to save this unit. a 3 man squad is going to be a suicide squad, no one is afraid of a kamakaze pilot if he has no plane. go with blasters here, and SC on transport.
why night shields on raiders for warriors? you are going foward and dropping of the warriors to use the blaster, and already gonna be within 12-18 inces of the enemy, are you afraid of rapid fire bolters? (save the 40 pts)
having only 1 -6man bike squad is going to put a big hamper on your plans when you lose 2 and run off the board. You want to try and get 2 units. and not take blasters. they have option for haywire luancher or heat lace, take advantage of those option. and pick with these or the caltrops. you can be a tank hunter, or zip around and kill infantry.
i like the fact that you are making lots of small units, but you are trying to to many things with the units. small units need to specialize in AI or AT. that way you can take another small unit to do the other. o yea, just saw venom night shilds on the incubi unit, take it off

BlindGunn
01-06-2011, 10:15 AM
While I like the Razorwing - 3 might be a bit much in an 1850 game. Mind you, no different than taking 3 Ravagers so it's a preference thing. (Nice that DEldar can usually afford to take all 3 heavies!) ;)

Also, I notice you don't have a transport listed for your Trueborn. Oversight in writing down the list or did you intentionally leave it off?

3 Trueborns are not going to live very long on the board by themselves. Maybe drop a Razorwing to boost the squad?

Brycec13
01-06-2011, 03:17 PM
I agree with the vehicle bit above and maybe dropping the razorwing down to a ravager will give you enough for that venom you need. you have 165 in each i think so it would be tight but possible You would have a limited range on some of those poisoned attacks with the warriors. Also if you plan on moving and shooting so much why the sybarite with the four squads. I may be missing something and i am sure it is comforting to have them just in case but the points could be used elsewhere.
Not a bad list though as its relatively balanced.

thecactusman17
01-07-2011, 04:59 PM
The Trueborn are something I haven't used in a long time--a "stand and shoot" squad in the open. They will preferably stay near the backfield, out of the way, and put lots and lots of 36" range firepower on target. I don't want them moving--If they aren't putting out 12 shots a turn, they simply aren't worth their points and I should instead be running a smaller squad of Warriors in a Raider. But I might consider bumping the squad size by 1-2 models. I only dropped it to three because after 1-2 turns they'll either be sitting in cover with a rerolling save or dead, and I can easily make a squad this size last 1-2 turns if i need to.

I'm running Syrabites due to an unfortunate trend I've started to notice, which is that at Ld. 8 I have started running off the board A LOT more than i used to. This is particularly frustrating when about 30%-40% of my wounds in this army don't come from combat or shooting but instead vehicle explosions, which also cause a pinning check. The leadership bump is an expense that I'm realizing will actually have a much larger affect on my game.

As for Razorwing spam, I would like a more complete response. These seem like one hell of a deal, and they have consistantly made their points back (though I've been running two so far due to model issues). I much prefer these to the Ravagers, and not just because they are cheaper to produce than a Ravager (I can make TWO of these things for the store price of one Ravager). They have an excellent multi-role response, are incredibly mobile, can put the hurt on massive hordes or heavy tank lists. Ravagers shoot at tanks, then sit back and hope they don't get blown up. Razors shoot at the tanks, decimate anything inside them or nearby, THEN play mop-up with lots of firepower afterwards.

But right now, the third one is not yet being built. So If I can get more detail or a better alternative suggestion I'll reconsider.

BlindGunn
01-11-2011, 09:42 AM
Sorry - been off-line a few days...

As long as you plan or expect the Trueborn to be "throw-aways", that's a valid tactic - no need to change the unit. I just wasn't sure if it was an error or not.

I agree with the argument for the Syrabites - one of my other armies is Tau and I ALWAYS take the +1 leadership when I can get it. I, too, have noticed DEldar leadership is failing more often without it.

Regarding the Razorwing-Spam: I agree with everything you wrote (I have 2 FW Razorwings myself and plan on a 3rd Razorwing if GW releases the model as rumoured). However, there are 2 concerns with the list.

1) You had a lot of points in your Heavy choices (for 1850 points) while the Elites (Trueborn) looked like they could use some more boosting. By downgrading to a Ravager, you could easily afford to boost the Trueborn a bit. Dropping one would allow for more Troop choices or another Fast choice. More variety.

2) In SOME tournament settings, some people really dislike Spamming Heavy Choices. While Space Wolves probably are most hated in this regard, you could easily take a hit as well. (You would/could suffer the same thing by taking 3 Ravagers as well in the same settings.) It's one of those cases where sometimes it might be better to take less. Watch for any event with Composition Scores (becoming more rare) or large percentage of Sportsmanship points. See if you can find out in advance what they're penalizing for Comp scores as tournaments vary widely.

Let us know how it all works for you!