PDA

View Full Version : Codex: Doom

Erasmus of Baal
01-04-2011, 10:41 AM
Ladies and--well, mostly gentlemen, but still. This is the one, the only (so far as I know) Codex: DOOM! A Codex supplement for Warhammer 40,000 in its first draft with a number of non-critical sections still to be completed, and the writer of this Codex is asking YOU, yes, YOU, for YOUR INPUT on this Codex! Points values need changing? A wrong case used in the introductory sentence of page 12? Let's hear it! Yes, all of it! Every little criticism that can be levelled against this Codex, heap it all on!

Thus, without further ado, behold:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/46265679/Codex-Doom

And please, everyone, no matter what you think of DOOM or this Codex, please do try to enjoy it! ;)

[THIS SPACE WILL BE USED TO DOCUMENT SUGGESTED CHANGES THAT THEY MIGHT NOT BE REPEATED.]
I am already aware of the page-number issue on the Table of Contents. This was a technical problem rather than an editing problem. It will be fixed before the next version goes up.
The appearances section makes them appear to lose frequently. This is not the case, and will be addressed in the Artifact's fluff section.
The Cyberdemon is at present dramatically undercosted/overpowered. This will be remedied, but the jury is still out on the details.
The "Demon" upgrade for the Pinky is undercosted. Details remain needed.
Inhuman Troopers will be adjusted based on Imperial Guardsmen; when specifics are determined, they will be posted here.
The Cacodemon has been suggested to be modified to "around Carnifex price." I will look into this at my LGS unless other suggestions override or specify this.
Rear armor values on vehicles are to be decreased, although specific values are currently indeterminate.

heretic marine
02-09-2011, 01:37 PM
he should be weakened or higher points the super deamons of chaos are way more expensive

cyberdemon – HQ choice, 300 !WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
5 7 8 8 10 2 0 10 4+

make them have 3 wounds and lower points make them like rippers
Fast Attack choice, 100 pointsTrites.WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
3 0 2 2 10 4 10* 6 -

make like a las gun
Ancient rifle: 24” S2 AP- Rapid Fire

make assault and lower s or get dont have ap
Ancient shotgun: 18” S4 AP6 Heavy 2

heavy 6 and make ap5 [its a chain gun]
Chaingun: 24” S4 AP4 Heavy 4

make heavy 2 blast
Plasma Chain: 36” S7 AP2 Heavy 4

need to lesser points on some or make stronger need to weaken some or make more expensive you should compare with other codex's to find the points and stats it helps and then look at other home made codex's this is just my input hope it helps