PDA

View Full Version : Open Topped Transports

eagleboy7259
01-03-2011, 10:28 PM
In 3rd ed there used to be a rule about shooting at units in open topped transports. I cannot seem to find that rule in the current rulebook (oddly it never came up prior to my first game against DE the other night.) Can anyone give me a pg number and a rule breakdown please?

1) Can I even shoot them in the first place?
2) If I can, do they pick up a cover save from the vehicle for being an obscured target?
3) If not, do they pick up a cover save from the vehicle moving at different speeds, like flat out?
4) If I hit the transport with a flamer how do I determine the # of models hit? (Since you cannot represent a full squad on a Raider)
5) If I hit the transport with a flamer it hits BOTH the troops inside it and the transport itself right?
6) If a unit shoots from a fire point can I shoot at the model that fired from that fire point? and how would flamers interact with that rule?

T-ORK-amada
01-03-2011, 10:57 PM
You can no longer shoot at models in an open-topped transport.

chromedog
01-04-2011, 12:55 AM
In 3rd ed there used to be a rule about shooting at units in open topped transports. I cannot seem to find that rule in the current rulebook (oddly it never came up prior to my first game against DE the other night.) Can anyone give me a pg number and a rule breakdown please?

1) Can I even shoot them in the first place?
2) If I can, do they pick up a cover save from the vehicle for being an obscured target?
3) If not, do they pick up a cover save from the vehicle moving at different speeds, like flat out?
4) If I hit the transport with a flamer how do I determine the # of models hit? (Since you cannot represent a full squad on a Raider)
5) If I hit the transport with a flamer it hits BOTH the troops inside it and the transport itself right?
6) If a unit shoots from a fire point can I shoot at the model that fired from that fire point? and how would flamers interact with that rule?

No such rule in 3rd ed. 1st ed (RT) yes. Maybe 2nd ed. Went through the entire shooting at vehicles section of the 3rd ed book and it wasn't in there at all.

1. No. You cannot shoot at embarked units. Open topped transports or otherwise.
2,3,4. n/a. See #1.
5. JUST the transport.
6. No. You can only shoot back AT the vehicle.

SeattleDV8
01-04-2011, 02:22 AM
BRB FAQ
"Q: Can an embarked unit ever be the target of enemy
shooting? (p67)
A: No. Only the transport vehicle can be hit."

DarkLink
01-04-2011, 12:34 PM
If you can't find a rule in the rulebook, even after thoroughly searching for it, it probably isn't there anymore, if it ever was.