PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Scotland!

Behemotty
01-02-2011, 01:17 PM
Spotted this forum today and a thread about comparing Commander Chenkov to Zapp Brannigan tickled me enough to register. :D

I'm an IG collector but used to play Fantasy Orcs back in the day, love the hobby, collecting and thinking of things to bash together.

Project at the moment: making a little terrain, specifically, a command bunker. When I pop my ten-posts cherry I may just upload some pics. ;)

Hope to get to make your acquaintance and I'll leave you now with the same quote that had me grinning earlier on...

"Men, you're lucky men. Soon, you'll all be fighting for your planet. Many of you will be dying for your planet. A few of you will be put through a fine mesh screen for your planet."

"They will be the luckiest of all."

Captain Max
01-02-2011, 04:19 PM
Hi Behemotty - welcome to BoLS! :)

I'm new here too but it seems to be a pretty cool site.

What kind of IG do you collect? I need to get back to my Cadians soon.

Behemotty
01-02-2011, 04:45 PM
Good evening :3

I play a company of Grognards in Cadian gear. Grognards? Grognards. Veteran troopers who like to grumble and complain about the weather.

List list list.

Company Command Squad with a pair of Bodyguards and a Master of Ordnance, all three of which were kit-bashed.

3 squads of Veterans
Spade squad --- Flamers, flamers everywhere.
Diamond squad --- Grenades!
Skull squad --- Demolition charges, melta bombs, flamer, grenade launcher, sniper rifle, plasma pistols, power weapons...

30 of your normal grunts in a platoon squad looked after by a commissar, 2 heavy weapons squads (6 little 2-man teams in total) - a couple of mortars, a few autocannons, 1 lascannon and a heavy bolter - and the platoon commander gets a chimera to trundle about in, as he's awesome.

Are those rocket launchers in every squad? Yes. Yes there is.

Do not worry about the things crawling around your knees - those Ratlings are definitely meant to be there. If they happen to look like they're wearing pyjamas, well, I suppose they're comfortable.

Say hello to Techpriest Dibface. Do not allow him to manipulate your spare parts.

A few armoured sentinels stomp around, generally distracting from the pair of Leman Russ tanks by performing the can-can.

Is that a hunter-killer missile on every single vehicle? Yes. Yes there is.

It's a "things-go-boom!" kinda army for roughly 2000 points. :3

The last couple of things I've been working on though is scenery based though. After finishing my Master of Ordnance (MC Ravesalot) I wondered, "Hrm. How does he collect all his information?", and started to scrounge around in my bits box. Bulldozer blades make effective satellite dishes :D

I've been doing a bit of papier marche tonight. When it's light tomorrow I'm going to paint and flock a bunker for another interesting scenery piece. :p

-checks-

-nods-

---TRANSMISSION ENDS---

Bigred
01-02-2011, 05:20 PM
Welcome to the Lounge you two.

Jump right into those threads, feel free to show off your armies, and make yourselves at home!

-bigred

david5th
01-03-2011, 06:23 AM
Hello and welcome Behemotty & Captain Max.