PDA

View Full Version : New codex

Erasmus of Baal
01-01-2011, 10:41 PM
I'll bet THAT got your attention...and no, this is not the rumor mill. I care none for that.

I have, in recent weeks, been developing the groundwork for a new, completely unofficial Codex based around the monsters from the DOOM games. It is drawing near to a time when I feel ready to ask the Internet for its opinions on the work, but in the meantime, preparations continue. So, while I get it ready for posting here, I also ask: where else should I request input on this project? What other forums are out there that would accept such an outlandish concept and treat it with something vaguely resembling evenhandedness?

Connjurus
01-01-2011, 11:26 PM
Oh man, I dunno where else to go, but I'd love to see this - I grew up playing DOOM.

DrLove42
01-02-2011, 06:54 AM
Never played doom, but i'd like to read it...cos i love some of the awesome stuff people come up with!

shrike
01-02-2011, 06:58 AM
I love looking at fandexes- let's see it!
I've seen:
C:Zombie
C:Necrons
C:Grots

Erasmus of Baal
01-03-2011, 11:25 AM
Alright, so it's drawing to first-draft completion right now. Second draft will still be pre-playtesting but with the Internet's opinions accounted for, but this requires posting a 40+ -page document somewhere on the Internet. What's the best site to use for this?

Duke
01-03-2011, 02:27 PM
I would think the "home brew rules forum" on th lounge would be a good place to ask ;) I look forward to seeking what you come up with, I loved that game!

Duke

Porty1119
01-03-2011, 04:38 PM
Now, THIS could be pretty awesome. I'd especially like to know what you're using for minis/antitank.

Erasmus of Baal
01-03-2011, 06:09 PM
Now, THIS could be pretty awesome. I'd especially like to know what you're using for minis/antitank.

Antitank is spread out and very little of it is particularly strong, but enough powerful attacks are running around the Codex that it's not an issue.
As for models, most of it has not been planned. I intend to combine a Soul Grinder and Daemon Prince with other parts that I have to create a Cyberdemon, Arch-Vile, and either Arachnotron or Spider Mastermind. I intend to use I-forget-which-company's Greatcoat Troopers for the shotgun guys, but that's all the planning that has been done with the minis. If you want to model and paint some for inclusion in the Codex, let me know! :D

Oh, and Duke: sorry about the different forum area, I started the thread here because the actual questions, I believed, applied better to the general area than to home-brew rules specifically. All further details will be in the home-brew rules section.

Daemonette666
01-07-2011, 06:45 AM
I intend to use I-forget-which-company's Greatcoat Troopers for the shotgun guys, but that's all the planning that has been done with the minis.

They are Wargames Factory SHOCK TROOPS. 18 per pack. The arms on the mini do not fit perfectly, so you may need to green stuff, pin, and trim them to look right. I am using them with the mutant face mask head option for Traitor Guard.

There are also some nice miniatures in the Warmachine/Hordes range of miniatures that could be easily converted to suit.