PDA

View Full Version : 5000 Point Apoc list for February 24 hour game.

Daemonette666
12-31-2010, 05:53 PM
My local gaming shop (not a GW store, though there is once in the next suburb) is running a 24 hour Apocalypse game. The points limit is 5000 points, and they have 41 gamers who have already said they wold be playing in it. You can only use painted miniatures with 3 or more colours on it (so expect a lot of last minute paint job from some people).

Based on the number of painted miniatures I have at the moment, I can field a decent Chaos Space Marine army. I have a few units nearly finished, and that I can complete the list I have made up for it. See below.

Khorne Tower of Skulls - 700 pts

Chaos Warhound Titan - 750 Points (mostly painted, just the base,one leg and a weapon to go)

Brass Scorpion of Khorne - 400 Points (mostly painted, just detail work to do).

Emperor's Children Warband - 1688 Points. (Dreadnought and one squad in a rhino partly painted)

Lucius the Eternal

Dreadnought with Blast Master + CCW /Doom Siren,

Predator with 2 Twin Linked Sonic Blasters + Blast Master + Possessed + Havoc Launcher,

2 CSM units of 10 with 8 sonic blasters + a melta gun and a blast master + champ with bolt pistol + power weapon+ doom siren + melta bombs, mounted in a rhino possessed with havoc

9 noise marines 8 sonic blasters + a blast master, champ plasma pistol, and power weapon, doom siren, melta bombs, mounted in a possessed rhino with havoc launcher.

6 Chaos bikers with a melta gun and a doom siren, champ with a power weapon, doom siren and melta bombs.

Non Apoc formations include

2 daemon princes of slaanesh with wings and lash of submission - 155 points each

10 Thousand Sons (9+sorceror) warp time for champ mounted in rhino with havoc launcher - 324 points

10 Plague Marines plasma gun and melta gun, champ has power fist. - 290 points

Kharn the Betrayer- 165 points

9 Khorne berserkers champion power weapon + melta bombs mounted in rhino extra armour havoc launcher - 289 points

6 Summoned Lesser Daemons to round out the points - 78 points.

This should give me a good spread of unit choices, including 7 troop choices. The 3 super heavies will not last long, as I expect the tower of skulls and brass scorpion to move as close to the enemy as they can before their doomsday reactors get blown up. I normally would include another super heavy instead of the Khorne Tower of Skulls, but Matt the store owner wants it in the game because it looks good, and he said painted miniatures only.

It should be a good game, and I think there will be 4 or 5 other Chaos players one who plays Khorne, another I know loves Tzeentch and the other a Nurgle fanatic. I would try to them my army a bit more, or mount the Nurgle marines in a rhino, but I do not have the time to paint one, as I have some contract painting I still need to get finished for a mate of mine that I play Classic Battletech with.

RedWidow
12-31-2010, 06:50 PM
You might even consider flank marching the tower and/or scorpion...the scorpions blowing up behind enemy lines is a truly beautiful thing...like "what is best in life" beautiful. Especially if they take lots of bad/good guys with them... Get the titan out of your lines quickly as well....if it remains w/in your lines, Murphy's Law dictates that it will explode turn 2 with a 30" apocalyptic explosion and end the game early...(Been there :p )

Tynskel
12-31-2010, 07:43 PM
I would check in on who's managing the game. Usually 'Flank March' is banned from the strategems. Same with things like Vortex Weapons.

Daemonette666
01-01-2011, 04:00 AM
I would check in on who's managing the game. Usually 'Flank March' is banned from the strategems. Same with things like Vortex Weapons.
I will chaeck on that. I will have problems with the Towe of Skulls, and I will probably run the Warhound into the enemy if I can not flank march. The Brass Scorpion is where I will have the most fun, because of it's speed and low profile.

Mat said he would estimate the table size to be 16.5 x 2m (54 x 6 ft), and even with 20 people a side. That is an estimated 40 - 50 super heavies, 200000 points of armies on the table.

There will be a lot of carnage, and a lot of terrain blown up :)) and a rumour that each player may bring back a formation once it is completely destroyed and put it in reserve, but not super heavies or gargantuan creatures though.

Connjurus
01-01-2011, 04:37 AM
God I wish I could get in on that...

Daemonette666
01-01-2011, 08:16 AM
God I wish I could get in on that...
I missed out on the biggest apocalypse event in the USA with the 1/2 dozen or so GW batle bunker stores all running apoc on the same weekend. So I think we will both be missing out on some good apoc wargaming.

LOL I just remembered there will be lots of V, red bull and coffee available, and breakfast, lunch and dinner are part of the $50.00 entry fee. I am just finishing off some of the remaining stuff on my warhound at the moment, still one weapon and the base to go.

If you are following my thread on the Fulgrim Formation, I have finished the changes, and I think it is a good compromise between both extreme views from the thread.

Daemonette666
01-07-2011, 06:15 PM
Update. The table is going to be massive. It will be designed like a snaking setup with 90 degree corner pieces on each directon change. I think he is putting impassable terrain covering most of the corner piece, or having the rule that the corner is not there for gaming, and you simply skip to the next board. It wuold then be used to place your books, and dead miniatures on. just before you pack them away or bring them in from reserves.

Because some gamers will only be bringing about 3000 points of painted minis to the event, he has decided to introduce a rule where you get reserve cards. The lower the points cost of your army, the more reserves cards you get. When your army is 75% destroyed, You can withdraw it, and put the whole force in reserves. It comes on as a reserve column to support a particular area in the nornal 40K manner. The game will be played for longer than 6 turns, and will runs for the full 24 hours.

I will be bringing a fold out cot and blankets as well as my army. LOL