PDA

View Full Version : Underwater Nids

Emerald Rose Widow
12-29-2010, 11:39 PM
So I have to say thanks to the new Expansion to World of Warcraft, the new environments gave me a lot of inspiration for the Tyranid army I plan to build. The underwater zone of Vaj'shir showed me some gorgeous environments, and it really got me thinking.

Imagine tyranids that have stuff growing off their carapace, such as coral, and various underwater life, making them seem like they are right at home at the ocean floor. Maybe even have some kelp growing off of them, hanging from their limbs, i mean the sky is the limit. As for a painting scheme I was thinking various irridescent colours (yeah, i know, my spelling is horrid), like the bottom of a bay floor with all the colour palate that involves, make them practically glow. Heck, make them glow if i can.

The trick is that will take a lot of work with green stuff, a lot of creative use of materials, and a lot of hard work to get this going. I was wondering what you all would think about this, and also some ideas for other things to make the coral creatures out of other than just green stuff. Some of them will have to be semi transparent, so I was wondering if any of you had some ideas, or inspiration.

jeremyk2142
12-30-2010, 12:17 AM
You should definitely see this if you haven't already:
http://www.hivefleetmoloch.de/drupal/spawning-vat-¦-variations-monster-¦seafex¦
If you have time, I'd recommend browsing the rest of the Hive Fleet Moloch site (where the link above is from). The conversions have inspired many of my own and its definitely a good resource for anyone who converts Tyranids.

Emerald Rose Widow
12-30-2010, 12:27 AM
Ooooo, very nice, that actually gives me a few ideas, thank you for the link there.

Connjurus
12-30-2010, 02:01 AM
So I have to say thanks to the new Expansion to World of Warcraft, the new environments gave me a lot of inspiration

Hah, I know how you feel. After seeing Cho'gall's model, it almost made me want to start an Ogre Kingdoms army for WHFB and greenstuff eyes and spikes and stuff all over'em...but then I realized I don't know anybody who plays Fantasy over here. :P

Cool idea, though.

Emerald Rose Widow
12-31-2010, 12:54 AM
Still, something that cool has to be worth it even if you hardly ever get to play it. Just the fun of putting it together and seeing the end of it to a glorious wonderful conclusion. Then again the act of making something that fraking gorgeous is half the fun of this kind of hobby/game to me, im such a girl lol.