PDA

View Full Version : DE Face Crushers

Cereal n' Milk
12-28-2010, 11:45 PM
This is a list I made where I just took a lot of stuff that sounded good basically and tried to make it work. There were some units, like mandrakes and beastmasters, that I wanted to use but I didn't have the points. Basic idea is ravagers and the raider pop tanks. The raider drops off the Haemonculi and he uses WWP to be in the enemies face Turn 2, and hopefully tear up. It puts 40 or so dedicated CC models right in the enemies army.

Drazhar, Master of Blades-230

Haemonculus w/ WWP, Venom Blade, Animus Vitae-95

8 Incubi and Klaivex w/ Demiklaives, Onslaught-248 w/ Haemonculus
Raider-60

10 Incubi-220 w/ Drazhar

9 Wyches w/ 2 Hydra Gauntlets and Hekatrix w/ Agonizer-170

9 Wyches w/ 2 Hydra Gauntlets and Hekatrix w/ Agonizer-170

Ravager-105

Ravager-105

Cronos Parasite Engine w/ Spirit Vortex-100

Everything reserves except for raider w/ 9 Incubi and Haemonculus, and the 2 ravagers. Rest comes in through WWP. Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions?

BlindGunn
01-01-2011, 09:25 AM
Interesting list. Very low model count but that has very distinct advantages and disadvantages.

1st problem I see: 1 transport unit on the table with only 1 WWP = Fire Magnet. Everything your opponent has will probably make this the primary target. The sheer amount of fire these days could blow the entire unit away before the WWP has a chance to be deployed. Are you prepared to deal with that?

2nd problem: None of your infantry has anything to deal with walkers (especially marine Dreadnaughts) and not enough anti-vehicle weapons to stop them from a distance. You will need to either add some Haywire Grenades or be very careful to avoid them.

Now, I love Incubi. Great for almost every one. But they are expensive. At 1500pt range, maybe two units is too much. You may want to drop one unit and get another Troop choice & Haywire Grenades for the Wyches.

I prefer Shardnet and Impailer for Wyches, but go ahead and try out the Hydra blades.

Good Luck!