PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Plastic Eldar ?

house_cawdor
12-20-2010, 03:06 PM
Does anyone know if there are supposed to be a new wave of Eldar?

I want some Wraithguard but dont want to invest in 12 yr old models if there are plans for new ones.

Thanks !

DrLove42
12-20-2010, 03:38 PM
Go buy metal eldar boy, short of some new jetbike designs soon (apparantly) they won't get anything new probably till the new codex...which won't be till 2012

Xenith
12-20-2010, 04:11 PM
The new wave for craftworld eldar was the nightspinner.

The plastic jetbike mock up was just that, made around 4 years ago.

Youll have to wait for the new codex, last one was 2006, expect late 2012.

DrLove42
12-20-2010, 05:00 PM
Nah, Jes said the craftworlders were due a redesigned jetbike, similar to the DE, but not heard anything since

Archon Charybdis
12-20-2010, 07:02 PM
Yeah, Jes had said in interviews that he'd done a new design for the CWE jetbikes, but that doesn't mean they'll be released any time soon.

fuzzbuket
12-21-2010, 01:27 AM
its rather obvious that they WILL be released (look at DE bikes.. same pose possibly jes cast his bike and the redidi it?) so possibly when the next eldar dex comes out

p.s. for wraithguard heres a quick gude

take a swooping hawk
GS over head so it looks like a wraithguard
cut off lasblaster barrels (looks like a grenade launcher a wee bit now)
add a cape or wraithvanes (wherethe wings would go)

TA DA!!
5 wraith guard + a exarch for conversion and 10 hawk wings (READ SOURGES:P) for £20

eldargal
12-21-2010, 01:45 AM
I would be very surprised if we don't see the Craftworld jetbikes released with the next codex. I will be even more surprised if we don't see plastic Wraithguard either with the codex or in a later wave.

rustbucket
12-21-2010, 11:09 AM
It's just too bad though that they didn't release plastic wraithguard when they redid the wraithlord. That would have been a great combo. Am also looking forward to updated jetbikes. 12yrs is a bit of a wait...

house_cawdor
12-21-2010, 11:10 AM
GW's lack of support for model ranges is always dissapointing. Almost every army has an outdated model or is missing a unit that is listed in the codex

rustbucket
12-21-2010, 11:26 AM
That's true. Or instead of doing a resculpt they release a "patch" kit like they just did for the Empire Knights in WFB. Its almost 14yrs old, put that old nag out to pasture and get em' some new non tudor looking knights! What kinda bugged me was that they pushed Death Co. and Sang Guard out first before putting out any sort of upgrade kit, like the one done for Black Templars. Would liked to have dressed up those vanilla Marines first than have to wait to see what bitz were left over from the other 2 kits, if you know what I mean?

DrLove42
12-21-2010, 11:28 AM
My mind given timescales, i can see the army box for 6th edition being Marines vs Craftworld Eldar, and the boxset including some plastic wraithguard, which will only be available in that box...much like the deffkopta

house_cawdor
12-21-2010, 12:56 PM
I think maybe GW should take a different approach to releasing army books. That might solve part of the problem. It feels like they are always trying to play "catch-up." I know there are alot of armies, but if they did something similar to how Privateer Press releases their rules it might be a bit better of an oppurtunity for some balancing fixes and give some time for more thought looking into the miniature ranges to figure out what should be revamped. I like how PP releases different units for different armies in different waves.

CouchViking
12-21-2010, 05:26 PM
You know, I would give my wife's dog for some plastic wraithguard. Her cat for some plastic worlocks, and let us not forget some love for those oh so static looking storm guardians. But seeing as how that just ain't gonna happen, I guess I will just have to make due (by the way the longer the wait the sexier the models, just ask the DE).