PDA

View Full Version : 75% of Space Hulk sold

Liquidice
08-26-2009, 08:12 PM
Title says it all, manager at my local GW store found out today that 75% of all the space hulk sets have been sold/pre-ordered. He believes that they will be sold out before it is officaly released. So, if your one of those people on the fence, you better make your decision quick.

entendre_entendre
08-27-2009, 12:55 AM
this is why i ordered my copy on monday.:D

jammer397
08-27-2009, 01:23 AM
Had mine ordered before the post on the GW site basically. I got hook ups :D

vman
08-27-2009, 02:07 AM
pre-ordered mine already :D

Snarf
08-27-2009, 11:39 AM
I received mine today. woot woot:D

Aldramelech
08-27-2009, 11:44 AM
I dont believe that at all........ Sounds like hype to me.

PedroKantor
08-27-2009, 11:47 AM

Im with you a bit on this one.. although I could also easily see them making a limited quantity run, just in case it flopped, fiscal responsibilities these days... ha!

Denzark
08-27-2009, 11:48 AM

Still with you Aldramech...

Asymmetrical Xeno
08-27-2009, 01:45 PM
yeah, im still not interested in it personally. making my own 3d Necron tombship space-hulk game with some mates instead and we think its better than the official thing.

Herald of Nurgle
08-27-2009, 02:49 PM
I'm getting it on Tuesday. That means i've got £150 more...

Psychosplodge
08-27-2009, 03:21 PM
Sounds like hype to me,
I remember when they discontinued the last copy I picked up two copies for a tenner from the works...

Blue Beetle
08-27-2009, 04:59 PM
What they probably mean is 75% of the production run is sold or preordered, but that also means that many of the "sold" copies are just what the Local Gaming Stores bought to sell, not that those copies are spoken for. My LGS is getting 10 copies and of those, only 4 are spoken for.

timbo101
09-01-2009, 01:45 PM
My LGS is getting 30 copies - all have been spoken for.

Kravin
09-01-2009, 01:48 PM
I just played my first games and it was pretty BA. My friend and I only played the first mission, but it was a whole lot of fun!!

kevlarmonkey
09-01-2009, 01:54 PM
ordered mine yesterday (free shipping) and it was dispatched today. can't wait I haven't played SH in 15 years. I for one would rather succumb to hype than miss out...

steesefactor
09-01-2009, 02:00 PM
A buddy of mine got to play the game last Saturday, and I got a nice look at the components. All of the cardboard is super thick and the mini's are even better looking in person. Unfortunately I don't have the money for it.

burning crome
09-01-2009, 02:00 PM
Dose anyone have had hard facts about this. My online store has just said it can't get the copies it was promised. But I can’t see it being that limited or only limited to one run since they given no clear final numbers of copies available.

athelu
09-01-2009, 02:13 PM
I have a REAL hard time believing this is a splash release only. With how much *****ing GW does about the cost of creating plastic sprue molds - they go and make one for a limited edition game? I cannot see the return on this. The only thing I can think is that it is limited - but the quantity is friggin huge.

Shadowmancer
09-01-2009, 02:19 PM
I have felt the box that it comes in it is a bloody heavy box. And I was talking to the guys in one of my FLGSs and they had two un-preordered copies

09-01-2009, 06:14 PM
I too have felt the box; I'm not going to buy it though but you can play it in some stores which is good enough for me.

Contention
09-01-2009, 06:25 PM
Can't wait till mine gets here, was really hoping for today.

Randl
09-01-2009, 06:30 PM
Thank goodness mine just arrived

gserhar
09-01-2009, 06:32 PM
My pre order came yesterday. Looking forward to playing, but I was a little put out by the fact that the sand timer had been broken in half and the inside of the box was full of loose sand, plus one of the Genestealers had an arm broken off and another had some talons snapped off.

In the grand scheme, it's not a big deal, sand timers are easy enough to come by, and I can put the genestealers back together well enough that you shouldn't be able to tell by the time they're painted, but for a $100 box, I really would have expected better care to be taken in the packaging.

Gonewild
09-01-2009, 06:36 PM
I remember the first Space Hulk game and how exciting it was to open that box and assemble the Genestealers and Terminators.
I'm thinking about purchasing this version and share it with nephews and nieces. Besides, those new Terminators are gorgeous.

Cerberus
09-01-2009, 06:42 PM
My pre order came yesterday. Looking forward to playing, but I was a little put out by the fact that the sand timer had been broken in half and the inside of the box was full of loose sand, plus one of the Genestealers had an arm broken off and another had some talons snapped off.

In the grand scheme, it's not a big deal, sand timers are easy enough to come by, and I can put the genestealers back together well enough that you shouldn't be able to tell by the time they're painted, but for a $100 box, I really would have expected better care to be taken in the packaging.

My only complaint about the game, and this is very minor, is that the miniatures require a pair of cutters and some knife work to dislodge from the sprue. Considering I have the tools necessary, it was no big deal to me, but a newcommer to the hobby who wants to use Space Hulk as a launching platform into 40K (as so many of us did with the first edition), it is a little inconvenient. I particularly loved the inclusion of the zip top baggies.

Later

Valdore
09-01-2009, 06:43 PM
I too have felt the box; I'm not going to buy it though but you can play it in some stores which is good enough for me.

At the moment yes, but I know my local gaming store is putting it away as soon as they sell out, admittedly they don't have much room in the store, but once they've sold out they're not going to use space for Space Hulk when they can use it for other systems that will get people buying stuff.

As for my copy, just waiting on it to be delivered to the store, having seen the number of people getting it this early I should have had it sent home >_>

Doombringer
09-01-2009, 07:37 PM
I would love a copy of Space Hulk but at this stage I just can't justify the $165 AUS. GW are going to make a fortune of this limited release.

StrikerFox
09-03-2009, 05:31 AM
well i dont think hawaii is gonna get our full shipment.. i think we have atleast 30-40 ppl who reserved.. but i think we only gona get 15.. maybe 20 in... *Sigh*

oni
09-03-2009, 08:25 AM
GW reported on their website yesterday that all advance orders have shipped and that all available boxes have been allocated to hobby centers and retailers. If you want one you have to go find it. Note: This only mentioned the UK.

"This morning we emptied the UK warehouse of English language copies of Space Hulk. All the copies that haven't been advance ordered have just rolled past the window in lorries bound for Games Workshop Hobby Centres and Independent Stockists around the UK. That means the only way you can get a copy of Space Hulk is to be at your local Games Workshop this Saturday morning."

Watching Paint Dry
09-03-2009, 10:46 AM
Title says it all, manager at my local GW store found out today that 75% of all the space hulk sets have been sold/pre-ordered. He believes that they will be sold out before it is officaly released. So, if your one of those people on the fence, you better make your decision quick.

I know my local store has sold lots of copies, however I'm personally not going to believe that they are close to selling out until I see it. A large portion of the marketing strategy is to get people to buy it right away, and if you can convince them that it may be gone then you can help complete the sale. I'm sure they tried to calculate how many copies they could sell quickly in order to get a cash injection this quarter, however these numbers can be widely off base.

All that said, I bought mine as soon as my local store had it available. I played 1st edition Space Hulk, and loved it back then.

miteyheroes
09-03-2009, 12:34 PM
Well, GW Online Store (UK) is no longer selling the game.

And GW Oxford originally ordered 70, but central GW said they weren't allowed more than 45 as otherwise they wouldn't have enough for all the pre-orders. Ouch.

I think these are going to go for A LOT of money on ebay...

RedRat
09-03-2009, 07:37 PM
My only complaint about the game, and this is very minor, is that the miniatures require a pair of cutters and some knife work to dislodge from the sprue. Considering I have the tools necessary, it was no big deal to me, but a newcommer to the hobby who wants to use Space Hulk as a launching platform into 40K (as so many of us did with the first edition), it is a little inconvenient.

If it is limited to the low number GW is proclaiming (could be just marketing), most copies will go to experienced rather than newbies.

I particularly loved the inclusion of the zip top baggies.
me2

I just today ordered 2 friends and my copies from a reseller. Last 3. It says "perhaps a new bunch on monday"