PDA

View Full Version : 1850 CSM infantry list

Chaos Minion
12-17-2010, 05:16 PM
Would like to improve my Chaos boys abit...just not sure how. Here's what I have:

Lord w/MoK, Daemon Weapon

DP w/wings, MoN, Warp Time

CSM x10 w/ Plasma Gun x2, IoCG, Champ, PW, Rhino w/extra armor

CSM x10 w/ Melta Gun x2, IoCG, Champ, PF, Rhino w/extra armor

CSM x10 w/ Flamer x2, IoCG, Champ, PW, Rhino w/extra armor

CSM x5 w/ Plasma Gun

CSM x5 w/ Plasma Gun

Defiler w/ 2DCCW

Havocs x9 w/Missile Launcher x4

Havocs x9 w/ Autocannon x4

My all stars of the army are the DP and ML Havocs, usually decimate what ever they're targeted at. The rest is mediocre. I've had a lot of luck with them, I just believe there can be more done with these guys. I have 2 Land Raiders and a bunch of Termies I can use. So...I leave it to yall to help on old dog learn some new tricks. Thx.

Daemonette666
12-17-2010, 07:35 PM
Would like to improve my Chaos boys abit...just not sure how. Here's what I have:

Lord w/MoK, Daemon Weapon

DP w/wings, MoN, Warp Time

CSM x10 w/ Plasma Gun x2, IoCG, Champ, PW, Rhino w/extra armor

CSM x10 w/ Melta Gun x2, IoCG, Champ, PF, Rhino w/extra armor

CSM x10 w/ Flamer x2, IoCG, Champ, PW, Rhino w/extra armor

CSM x5 w/ Plasma Gun

CSM x5 w/ Plasma Gun

Defiler w/ 2DCCW

Havocs x9 w/Missile Launcher x4

Havocs x9 w/ Autocannon x4

My all stars of the army are the DP and ML Havocs, usually decimate what ever they're targeted at. The rest is mediocre. I've had a lot of luck with them, I just believe there can be more done with these guys. I have 2 Land Raiders and a bunch of Termies I can use. So...I leave it to yall to help on old dog learn some new tricks. Thx.
What about other tanks, and some of the more expensive troops like berserkers? I sometimes use Kharn leading 9 berserkers mounted in a landraider. at oher times I will use 2 daemon princes of Slaanesh with wings and lash to draw enemy like tau out of cover and smash them with weapons fire from my troops.

I notice you do not have any Obliterators, or any lascannons. I find that these, and sometimes a vindicator are really effective at taking out a big nasty enemy tank or a group of pesty terminators. I especially like to use Oblits.

They have a good mix of weapon options, 2 wounds and terminator armour, can be set up in terrain for cover, and to deny objectives to enemy. I find that if the enemy is concentrating firepower on them, then your spearheaded assault into enemy territory is not picked on as much. Unless it is my Daemon Prince/s who seem to draw fire from everywhere on the board.

An example of what I take is normally - Kharn, lucius, or a daemon prince. Sometimes a second daemon prince. A defiler, a squad or 2 of CSM with icon CG, each with a lascannon, and either flamer or melta gun mounted in rhino. 1 to 3 Obliterators, berserkers monted in a landraider, and noisemarines mounted in rhino. For larger games, I take either bikers or raptors, someties both.

I tend to like playing larger games though. I have a massive CSM army.

But for the smaller games say 1000 - 1500 points, try using Obliterators. Maybe the tactic of the berserkers in a landraider (providing you are not facing Tau or a tank/artillery heavy Guard army). I find fearless troops, although more expensive can hold onto objectives a little longer, or hold in CC where standard CSM can fail the morale tests even with the icon of CG, and be run down.

I use Plaguemarines to hold objectives, thousand sons to hold objectives or as a meat shield, noise marines and berserkers together to take objectives. The cheaper CSM I use to hold objectives supporting obliterators. If I were able to get better weapon such as multi-meltas or plasma cannons for the Havocs, or even be able to give them tank hunters USR, then I would use them more, but they are too vulnerable, and cost too much when compared to how effective they are.

I also like to use lots of rhinos. Just to provide cover, and to get my troops to the objectives. I tend to shy away from psykers unless they are daemon princes, with either lash of submission or warptime. I never use psykers when facing Eldar, and sometimes when facing nids. That doesn't mean that I do not have any psykers, in fact I have a great many of them including Typhus, Arrihiman, even just standard aspiring sorcerers for my thousand sons.

If you want a stack standard army, then expect to lose a bit more than normal. Your opponents will work out how to beat them, and you will then have to adapt you army for each opponent. i generally mix it up, adding and dropping things from the army depending on the race/army I am fighting. For competitions, try the obliterators, and maybe the berserkers. I find Kharn is more effective than a lord - MOK with daemon weapon.

Well that is my advice. I am no guru, but I have been gaming since before 1st edition 40K came out. Try adding in the unexpected, it might just work.

Connjurus
12-17-2010, 11:03 PM
Daemonette summed it up pretty well - also, another thing you should really be taking into account is that Nurgle Daemon Princes, while still good (they're a Daemon Prince...) you should really try out a Tzeentchian Daemon Prince - in my experience, the firepower that gets leveled at Daemon Princes is usually stuff like Krak Missiles and Lascannons - both of which ignore their armor save, and that wasted point of toughness from MoN, whereas the 4++ you get with MoT goes a long way, AND you get access to a second psychic power - Bolt of Tzeentch is always fun, but so is Winds of Chaos and Gift of Chaos - both Wind and Bolt benefit from Warptime, and Gift of Chaos is simply AWESOME for picking on enemy HQs, and you pick out a single MODEL with it...and you can cast it more than once a turn. :)

archimbald
01-13-2011, 12:24 PM
5/10 havocs in a rhino with MoK & 4 flamers is usually a good cleasners team esp if theres an icon nearby for lesser daemonic help