PDA

View Full Version : Necron wbb and reconsolidation

hewhowalks
12-16-2010, 03:59 PM
I have a two part question, the first part is kind of newbish (maybe all of it) but I don't own a necron codex and I'm trying to build a case for next time I play my necron buddy.

1.) do Necrons check for reconsolidation before or after WBB?

2.) Let's say you have two squads of the same necron unit in an army. One squad takes 50% casualties and the other is entirely killed, but a tomb spider is nearby to allow WBB. I'm told that any model which suceeds at WBB, but is part of a totally destroyed unit, attaches to the other like unit that still has standing models.

My question is, do these newly attached models push the total number of models in the unit back above the 50% mark, thus granting them a reconsolidation roll?

I hope I stated the question clearly, I would never have thought of it myself, but it happened the other day. I use the IG psyker battle choir a lot so I can be a big deal.

thanks

dannyat2460
12-16-2010, 04:55 PM
After WBB
yes they somehow apear in the other squad allowing a regroup test

good choice on the psyker battle sqds tho can be really useful

and if they are annoying you by regrouping take something fast and keep it within 6" of it hell hound or vendeta normaly works with me

Lerra
12-16-2010, 05:05 PM
Yeah, you can roll for regrouping after WBB.

hewhowalks
12-17-2010, 08:05 AM
Thanks for the help.

I've had really good luck with my battle choir. I'm getting ready to model an squad using Empire Flagellants and do a special paint job on their chimera.

I agree that keeping a valkyrie or marbo running around in their backfield is a great way to make them keep running off the board. I recently ran a 30+ kroot and kroot hound unit off a midfield objective and off the board using the choir boys and marbo. Good times!

dannyat2460
12-17-2010, 08:46 AM
ya the psyker battle squads are awsome havnt lost with my guard using them yet granted there are allied witch hunters in there 2 tho lol

Necron_Lord
12-17-2010, 12:16 PM
What was the strength of the soulstorm and what was the unit affected? If the ranged attack would inflict instant death and a tomb spyder was nearby, they wouldn't get WBB in the first place. So if your soulstorm hit a unit of Necron Warriors and it was S 8+, those warriors would need a res orb within 6" for them to have a chance of WBB.

The rest of what has been said is true. The dead unit would join the non-dead unit, thus giving you one KP, and the number of warriors can push the unit count to the point where it can reconsolidate. When this happens, I think you use 50% of the units original numbers to determine whether it is at half strength or not. I.e. if the unit started with 10 warriors, so long as the unit had 5+ warriors, it could regroup after a failed morale check.

dannyat2460
12-17-2010, 03:28 PM
What was the strength of the soulstorm and what was the unit affected? If the ranged attack would inflict instant death and a tomb spyder was nearby, they wouldn't get WBB in the first place. So if your soulstorm hit a unit of Necron Warriors and it was S 8+, those warriors would need a res orb within 6" for them to have a chance of WBB.

The rest of what has been said is true. The dead unit would join the non-dead unit, thus giving you one KP, and the number of warriors can push the unit count to the point where it can reconsolidate. When this happens, I think you use 50% of the units original numbers to determine whether it is at half strength or not. I.e. if the unit started with 10 warriors, so long as the unit had 5+ warriors, it could regroup after a failed morale check.

he used the psykers to lower there leadership not there soulstorm attack so he would be aloud wbb rolls especialy if they are attaching to/from a different unit from that that was targeted