PDA

View Full Version : Size of WWP

docbungle
12-15-2010, 04:18 AM
Hi all

not sure if this should live here or modeling??

Anyway what size should a webway portal be, I am wanting to model one and would much rather have a good idea of size before I start!

Any ideas or examples welcome

Cheers

eldargal
12-15-2010, 04:47 AM
Two inches wide according to the rules, I think the GW model is two inches tall as well.

justsam
12-15-2010, 04:54 AM
when i've seen it played in apoc, one of my club's eldar players generally used an extra small blast template to mark it

docbungle
12-15-2010, 05:05 AM
Cheers to the both of you!

Much smaller than I thought suppose that makes it easier to do though

BuFFo
12-15-2010, 05:23 AM
Yeah, just use an object the size of a small blast and you'll be fine :)

lobster-overlord
12-15-2010, 06:25 AM
A used Pokeball should do th trick.

dannyat2460
12-15-2010, 10:21 AM

Eldrad I choose you!!! :D

Culven
12-15-2010, 02:08 PM
Just make sure it is well cleaned first. Pokepuke and Pokepoop might prevent others from allowing it anywhere near their table.

darkeldardenny
12-15-2010, 11:55 PM
Two inches wide according to the rules, I think the GW model is two inches tall as well.

According to the rules, It would be three inches wide as thats how big a small blast template is. Also they have them on the GW website, while supplies last, stating its a 3" tin model piece. Where eldargal says its supposed to be 2 inches wide is completely lost to me. Either way, it should be a 3" diameter/1.5" radius from the middle of whatever you are making.

eldargal
12-16-2010, 12:11 AM
Simple explanation, I intended to write three, but got confused.:p

darkeldardenny
12-16-2010, 12:16 AM
Simple explanation, I intended to write three, but got confused.:p

Quite alright just trying to help the guy! I didn't want to step on toes, but being able to protect your WWP is key and making them smaller will destroy you when a person keeps you from coming in because he parks a rhino on top. Even if its 3 inches you are probably screwed but still every bit counts.

Valkerie
12-16-2010, 02:02 AM
Quite alright just trying to help the guy! I didn't want to step on toes, but being able to protect your WWP is key and making them smaller will destroy you when a person keeps you from coming in because he parks a rhino on top. Even if its 3 inches you are probably screwed but still every bit counts.

Ah,,,. They can't actually do that, as a webway portal counts as impassable terrain. It is a good idea, though.:)

darkeldardenny
12-16-2010, 02:56 PM
So then he runs a squad of encircle the Portal and he's still blocked off. He wants all three inches so he doesn't have to protect it so badly