PDA

View Full Version : Rune Priest Powers

Forteller
12-13-2010, 02:16 PM
So you know Space Wolves can get 4 HQs. Since i was thinking of a list with 4 RPs i was wondering if i can take 4 different combinations of powers on each one however still keeping one of their powers common.

I direct you to the following rule taken word for word:

"To represent this, no two characters may bear the same saga, nor may they bear the same psychic powers or wargear combination"

Now you do realize the whole discussion revolves around the "or" and the "combination"

Sorry if it has been answered before, perhaps i am dumb that way.... Heres hoping to a quick reply!

Dominic
12-13-2010, 02:23 PM
From the GW FAQ

No number of Rune Priests may share the exact same two psychic powers. For example, a Rune Priest may choose to take Living Lightning and Thunderclap. A second Rune Priest may then choose to take Living Lighting and Jaws of the World Wolf, as he will not have the same two psychic powers as the first Rune Priest. Note that the restriction on weapons and wargear still applies, so you have to have each Rune Priest with a unique wargear selection. Also note that Njal Stormcaller knows all seven powers rather than just two, so no other Rune Priest can end up having the same powers. Thus it is permitted to take Njal Stormcaller alongside other Rune Priests.

So yes you can

Forteller
12-13-2010, 02:25 PM
Its so nice that sometimes that overpowering tactic you 've concocted actually seems to be legal!

Forteller
12-13-2010, 02:26 PM
PS.: Considering i had some mixup with the actual rules, can they shoot spells from vehicles?

Lerra
12-13-2010, 02:28 PM
Yes, although some of the psychic shooting attacks require line of sight, so you can't use Jaws from inside a Razorback, for example.

Forteller
12-13-2010, 02:33 PM
So that means it needs to be open topped or what?

Dominic
12-13-2010, 02:44 PM
So that means it needs to be open topped or what?

It just needs a fire point, Rhinos have them. And, in the case of JOTW, you only need LOS to the first model your line hits, everyone else is just part of the effect, so the rest could be out of LOS

ElCheezus
12-13-2010, 02:46 PM
It has to be open topped or have at least one fire point.

Forteller
12-13-2010, 02:49 PM
Thanks guys! I just thought of a wonderful rune priests x 4 Living Lightning list i ll try to give a whirl!

Moros
12-15-2010, 08:19 PM
what if you're running two rune priests... both have living lightning and one has a bolter. Does that count?