PDA

View Full Version : GW's lack of Xenos Apocalypse Datasheets

Daemonette666
12-11-2010, 04:07 PM
Does anyone know when GW will be publishing Xenos datasheets? I suppose Orks and to a lesser degree Eldar are represented a fair bit, though not near as much as Spacemarines, Imperial Guard and Chaos Marines/Chaos Daemons.

I was hoping they would have designed and published a lot more datasheets for Necrons, Tau, Tyranids, and Dark Eldar. The expected the latter to have a whole string of new datasheets since the new codex came out. It would promote more sales from GW's Avid Apoc fans.

Also they have not represented the Witch and Daemon hunters much either. Forge world has published the only 2 formations for sisters in IA Apocalypse II, and there is 1 Grey Knights formation that I know of.
I am sure there are other gamers out there who would like GW to release a few datasheets for tyranids, tau, Dark Eldar and Necrons..

MrGiggles
12-11-2010, 04:23 PM
Orks and Eldar are resonably well taken care of at this point as you've mentioned. I thought Tyranids were as well, but I may well be wrong about that. As to Dark Eldar though, I'm quite surprised we didn't see a bunch of new Datasheets with their recent release. Perhaps we'll see something with the next batch of Dark Eldar models.

As to the Daemonhunters and Witch Hunters, I'd like to see some additionas as well (espeically since I'm starting up Witch Hunters), but that can be at least partially forgiven since both factions can draw on the Space Marine and Imperial Guard forces pretty easily. Still, it'd be nice to have some dedicated formations and things for both factions.

TSINI
12-11-2010, 06:22 PM
The tyranids have the apocalypse units in place, but their rules are now out of date due to the new codex. the scythed hierodule for example is a gargantuan creature with 6 wounds, which a trygon has, and its 600 points... which i can only assume 400odd points is for the big flamer, compared to the pie plate lobbing, gun bristling 3 structure pointed baneblade of 500 points...

i too think there should be more apocalypse data sheets in general, whether the models exist or not

Daemonette666
12-11-2010, 07:01 PM
Orks and Eldar are resonably well taken care of at this point as you've mentioned. I thought Tyranids were as well, but I may well be wrong about that. As to Dark Eldar though, I'm quite surprised we didn't see a bunch of new Datasheets with their recent release. Perhaps we'll see something with the next batch of Dark Eldar models.

As to the Daemonhunters and Witch Hunters, I'd like to see some additionas as well (espeically since I'm starting up Witch Hunters), but that can be at least partially forgiven since both factions can draw on the Space Marine and Imperial Guard forces pretty easily. Still, it'd be nice to have some dedicated formations and things for both factions.
I have designed 2 additonal formations for the Adeptus Sororitas. One for a Bane Blane Blade variant, and the other for a Convent Battle force.

Well I have just done some intense seaching for Tau Datasheets, and found GW has released 9 of them, while Forgeworld has released 13 of them to cover their own Tau produced models. Add 8 others I found via a google search, I suppose there are enough of them at this stage.

Tyranids get 9 GW, 8 Forgeworld Datasheets, but they could need a few more.

Necrons have 7 GW, and 2 Forgeworld datasheets. I have found one other created by wargamers, so Necrons are lacking in datasheets.

Dark Eldar get 2 GW and 2 Forgeworld Datasheets, and I found another on the web - user designed. Definately lacking in datasheet formations.

Grey Knights get 1 GW datasheet - GW must not know who Grey Knights are. LOL

Sisters get 2 Forgeworld designed datasheets, plus the 2 I designed, and 5 other user designed datasheets. Maybe we gamers should submit them to GW to add to thier website.

Space Marines get 27 GW, 15 Forgeworld, and 3 user designed Datasheets. There were so many other user designed SM datasheets on the web that I did not bother downloading them. The Imperial Guard, and Imperial (in general) datasheets were also so numerous, that they do not need anymore datasheets at all.

What I find annoying is that GW releases 3 "NEW" Datasheets, all Space Marines based (though one has both Eldar and SM in it). They could have spent the time to fill the gaps on Armies like Sisters, Greyknights, and Dark Eldar.

Hopefully GW will get the message, and release datasheets for those armies lacking coverage for the game.

Silver Drakes Legion
12-11-2010, 11:17 PM
Well there are plenty of others through white dwarf for various factions especially guard. Just no one ever buys white dwarf so not many are known or used...

Daemonette666
12-12-2010, 01:45 AM
Well there are plenty of others through white dwarf for various factions especially guard. Just no one ever buys white dwarf so not many are known or used...
Yeah thats is where I found the other Tau and the extra Tyranid datasheets I mentioned. There are mostly Space Marine, Chaos Space Marine and Imperial Guard datasheets in the white dwarfs though. I buy the white dwarf mags that have anything Apocalypse or Chaos Space Marine.

I did a search of the GW Apocalypse rule book, Apocalypse reloaded, Imperial Armour (IA) Apocalypse, IA Apocalypse II, GW's website, and White Dwarf articles. I have also been scanning the internet, especially sites like BOLS, Wargamer.au, and others from googl searches.

Orks and Eldar, are not covered as much as Imperial popular armies, and Tau, Necron and Tyranids are the third tier of coverage. Sisters, Grey Knights and Dark Eldar are the last covered.

DrLove42
12-12-2010, 04:45 AM
Well as i noticed the other day the DE data sheets that were on GW's website are now not there. Doubtless they still exist in the interweb sphere but officially? They get nada....

I'm hoping they might get a few in the next WD. I guess they partly assume that no one new has a big enough DE collection to play Apoc yet and al the old players already have the sheets

BuFFo
12-12-2010, 01:00 PM
I have designed 2 additonal formations for the Adeptus Sororitas. One for a Bane Blane Blade variant, and the other for a Convent Battle force.

Well I have just done some intense seaching for Tau Datasheets, and found GW has released 9 of them, while Forgeworld has released 13 of them to cover their own Tau produced models. Add 8 others I found via a google search, I suppose there are enough of them at this stage.

Tyranids get 9 GW, 8 Forgeworld Datasheets, but they could need a few more.

Necrons have 7 GW, and 2 Forgeworld datasheets. I have found one other created by wargamers, so Necrons are lacking in datasheets.

Dark Eldar get 2 GW and 2 Forgeworld Datasheets, and I found another on the web - user designed. Definately lacking in datasheet formations.

Grey Knights get 1 GW datasheet - GW must not know who Grey Knights are. LOL

Sisters get 2 Forgeworld designed datasheets, plus the 2 I designed, and 5 other user designed datasheets. Maybe we gamers should submit them to GW to add to thier website.

Space Marines get 27 GW, 15 Forgeworld, and 3 user designed Datasheets. There were so many other user designed SM datasheets on the web that I did not bother downloading them. The Imperial Guard, and Imperial (in general) datasheets were also so numerous, that they do not need anymore datasheets at all.

What I find annoying is that GW releases 3 "NEW" Datasheets, all Space Marines based (though one has both Eldar and SM in it). They could have spent the time to fill the gaps on Armies like Sisters, Greyknights, and Dark Eldar.

Hopefully GW will get the message, and release datasheets for those armies lacking coverage for the game.

Do you know the sites/sources where you got all these formations from? I don't mean 'white dwarf' but rather 'white dwarf #245'. I am trying to get together a master list of places where people can go to get the formations for my store.

Daemonette666
12-12-2010, 08:05 PM
Do you know the sites/sources where you got all these formations from? I don't mean 'white dwarf' but rather 'white dwarf #245'. I am trying to get together a master list of places where people can go to get the formations for my store.
I got a lot of fan produced datasheets from this site. http://www.astronomican.com/archive/index.php/t-15868.html

As to the White dwarf issue numbers, I will have to go through my collection agaqin. I scanned the datasheets and have them stored on my hard drive.

I have checked very quickly and found the following WD issues have Apocalypse datasheets: 344, 348, - Space Marine, 354 - Imperial Guard, 362 - Tyrids, 366 Eldar + Imperial Guard.

I also found a link discussing Apocalypse datasheets and the relevant US White Dwarf issues; http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?showtopic=193307&st=25&start=25

Teh thing with White Dwarf, is that differnt countries have different numbers for the relevant issue.

Defenestratus
12-12-2010, 08:54 PM

It wont help you BuFFo!

My eldar warhost will still smite thee!

:P

I'd like to see official or at least fanbase-supported datasheets for the primarchs since my apocalypse opponents are fond of using them. Next battle I have to gun down Horus, Mortarion, Magnus, and Angron all in one battle.

Not to mention an Imperator titan. Joy.

Daemonette666
12-12-2010, 08:59 PM
It wont help you BuFFo!

My eldar warhost will still smite thee!

:P

I'd like to see official or at least fanbase-supported datasheets for the primarchs since my apocalypse opponents are fond of using them. Next battle I have to gun down Horus, Mortarion, Magnus, and Angron all in one battle.

Not to mention an Imperator titan. Joy.
I purchased a Phoenix Knight miniature which looks like a pre-Heresy Fulgrim from Kabuki Miniatures. I should make up a datasheet for that model.

BuFFo
12-12-2010, 11:31 PM
I got a lot of fan produced datasheets from this site. http://www.astronomican.com/archive/index.php/t-15868.html

As to the White dwarf issue numbers, I will have to go through my collection agaqin. I scanned the datasheets and have them stored on my hard drive.

I have checked very quickly and found the following WD issues have Apocalypse datasheets: 344, 348, - Space Marine, 354 - Imperial Guard, 362 - Tyrids, 366 Eldar + Imperial Guard.

I also found a link discussing Apocalypse datasheets and the relevant US White Dwarf issues; http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?showtopic=193307&st=25&start=25

Teh thing with White Dwarf, is that differnt countries have different numbers for the relevant issue.

Thank you very much for taking your time to help me.

I am in your debt!

Daemonette666
12-14-2010, 01:24 AM
Thank you very much for taking your time to help me.

I am in your debt!
No worries Buffo. I see you are a Mexican. I am currently a cockroach, but grew up a cane toad. LOL.

My local hobby store "Hall of Heroes" in Campbelltown NSW is running a 24 hour Apocalypse Game from 10am 26th Feb to 10am 27th of Feb. The cost is $50.00, and I believe Lunch Dinner and Breakfast are included. If you are interested just let me know and we can discuss, or call Matt the owner on (02) 4625 8020. It should be a great Apoc Game. I hope to get my Plague Tower, and 15 Obliterators ready by then.

I have about 34 Apoc formations, but matt wants the miniatures to be painted as the photos of it are going to be on his website. I think I might only have 4 or 5 formations depending on what Matt decides are the finalised points liimiit per person.

"DEATH TO THE CORPSE EMPEROR" LOL.

Fellend
12-14-2010, 08:08 AM
Just curious, are there any (GW or FW) Black Templar formations at all? I mean some are usable if you count tactical squads and crusader squads as the same and a few others with vehicles work as well but I mean a really unique Black Templar only apocalypse data-sheet?

BuFFo
12-14-2010, 09:51 AM
No worries Buffo. I see you are a Mexican.

Waaaa?

lol.

Daemonette666
12-14-2010, 10:32 AM
Just curious, are there any (GW or FW) Black Templar formations at all? I mean some are usable if you count tactical squads and crusader squads as the same and a few others with vehicles work as well but I mean a really unique Black Templar only apocalypse data-sheet?
Not that I know of. If there were, a mate of mine would be thrilled. There is one for Imperial Fists and one that has Pedro Cantor and his Crimson Fists, so maybe those could be converted over.