PDA

View Full Version : ThunderFire Cannon Targeting

Moros
12-10-2010, 10:08 PM
I had a question that came up from last weekends match.

In regards to the Thunderfire cannon, how do you mark the shots for it? It is a heavy 4... in the rulebook it only specifically refers to units that are actually firing multiple "blast" weapons. So you obviously resolve them separately (ex. fire frag missile 1 and work out the scatter, fire frag missile 2 work out the scatter)

However, the Thunderfire cannon is unique in that it is a single weapon firing multiple shots. Is this treated like an ordnance barrage in that you measure the following shots from the landing point of the first shot? OR does the Thunderfire cannon just target one after another like multiple missile launchers?

Dorsai
12-10-2010, 10:19 PM
My Guard Executioner cannon fires 3 plasma blasts at a time. I roll for scatter for each one. Never had anybody say I was doing it wrong.

Moros
12-10-2010, 10:21 PM
My Guard Executioner cannon fires 3 plasma blasts at a time. I roll for scatter for each one. Never had anybody say I was doing it wrong.

Yeah but those are 3 separate weapons... that's not what I'm saying. Thunderfire cannon isn't 4 separate weapons, its a single weapon firing 4 times.

Dorsai
12-10-2010, 10:27 PM
No it isn't. If I take an Executioner with no sponsons, it still fires 3 blasts. Stat line for the Executioner Plasma Cannon states "Heavy 3, Blast". So it is one weapon firing multiple blast templates.

Tynskel
12-10-2010, 11:12 PM
each shot is direct fire. The Easiest way I have seen it done-- you place marker on target, and then you roll four different scatter die. Then roll 2d6 for each die.

Multiple Barrage is different--- then you follow the barrage rules.

dannyat2460
12-11-2010, 03:53 PM
each shot is direct fire. The Easiest way I have seen it done-- you place marker on target, and then you roll four different scatter die. Then roll 2d6 for each die.

Multiple Barrage is different--- then you follow the barrage rules.

That is correct and i should know I use 3 of them