PDA

View Full Version : Forgeworld Newsletter #257

Strangleweb
12-09-2010, 09:43 AM
Mostly shipping for Christmas, but there was the second part of the Jigsaw and the rerelease of Amon Sul. My comments in red

---------------------------------------------------

Hi There,
In this week’s Newsletter we have an exciting re-release of a perennial favourite from the Forge World range, as well as news of our Festive opening hours and some dates for your diary – the first of our 2011 show dates.

Thanks,
Ead Brown

Forge World Christmas Shipping Deadlines
With December well and truly upon us, the Forge World despatch warehouse is working around the clock to ensure that your Christmas orders are shipped as quickly as possible. As always, it’s best to order as early as possible to ensure that you’ll get exactly what you want and if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us using the details below.

We can no longer guarantee that orders placed with Standard delivery outside the UK will arrive in time for Christmas, but our last guaranteed shipping date for Express Delivery outside the UK will be December 15th.

For our customers inside the UK, the last guaranteed shipping date for Standard Delivery will be December 15th and the last guaranteed shipping date for Express Delivery will be December 20th.

If you have any questions or concerns about any aspect of your Forge World Christmas Shopping then please contact us either by e-mail at [email protected] or by telephone on 0115 916 8177 within the UK, 011 44 115 916 8177 from the US and Canada or 00 44 115 916 8177 from much of Europe. Forge World’s Customer Service team is a font of knowledge and advice if you aren’t sure about what would make the perfect Forge World gift, and we’re available 6 days a week all the way up to Christmas so please contact us to check stock availability and shipping times.

Weathertop Available to Order Now
By popular demand we’ve brought back our hugely popular Lord of the Rings terrain model The Ruined Watchtower of Amon Sûl at Weathertop for sale this Christmas in limited quantities. This fantastic model measures over 400mm across, making a perfect centrepiece for any The Lord of The Rings battlefield, or indeed a fantastically detailed objective for The High Ground scenario and a suitably imposing representation of the Seat of Ancient Power Fortune in games of The War of The Ring.

It is faithfully detailed as it was sculpted by Simon Egan, using photos and plans supplied by New Line Cinema* from the original film set, and has in fact been used by them since as reference for its other licensees.

This beautifully detailed terrain piece will only be available while stocks last, so don’t hesitate to place your order now! The Ruined Watchtower of Amon Sûl is available to order now for immediate despatch.

Forge World Christmas Jigsaw Part 2
To whet your appetite, we have braved great danger and hazard to steal this exclusive sneak peek of our 2011 release schedule – last week’s preview has sparked a wave of speculation, so keep your eyes peeled for more sections in future Newsletters.

Combined gives us the following (excuse the hasty photoshopping) - which I think looks like a flame based version of the Valdor (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Imperial_Guard/Imperial_Guard_Super_Heavy_Tanks/VALDOR-TANK-HUNTER.html), maybe wielding an Inferno Cannon?

http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=886&stc=1&d=1291909263

Forge World Christmas Opening Hours
In addition to our usual opening times, the Forge World Customer Service team will be available throughout the festive period. We’ll be able to answer any queries or concerns and resolve any issues as quickly as possible for you.

Our Christmas opening hours are as follows:

Friday December 24th: 9am until 12 midday UK time
Saturday December 25th: Closed – Christmas Day
Sunday December 26th: Closed – Boxing Day
Monday December 27th: 10am until 4pm UK time
Tuesday December 28th: 10am until 4pm UK time
Wednesday December 29th: 9am until 6pm UK time
Thursday December 30th: 9am until 6pm UK time
Friday December 31st: 9am until 12 midday UK time
Saturday January 1st: Closed – New Year’s Day
Sunday January 2nd: Closed
Monday January 3rd: 10am until 4pm UK time

eldargal
12-09-2010, 09:45 AM
Yep, I was right, definitely not a Phantom Titan.

Faultie
12-09-2010, 09:58 AM
Yep, I was right, definitely not a Phantom Titan.

Don't be so hasty. We've only got 2/3 of the the picture.

gwensdad
12-09-2010, 11:17 AM
In this film we hope to show how not to be seen. This is Mr. E.R. Starieldarname of Craftworld Nevercanpronounceright, Segmentum Obscurous SE5 piloting a Phantom Titan. He can not be seen. Now I am going to ask him to stand up. Mr. Starieldarname will you stand your titan up.

(somehow, classic Python got into my head after that)

Drew da Destroya
12-09-2010, 11:28 AM
In this film we hope to show how not to be seen. This is Mr. E.R. Starieldarname of Craftworld Nevercanpronounceright, Segmentum Obscurous SE5 piloting a Phantom Titan. He can not be seen. Now I am going to ask him to stand up. Mr. Starieldarname will you stand your titan up.

(somehow, classic Python got into my head after that)

+1 internet points for Monty Python references.

darthrex354
12-10-2010, 03:38 PM
it would be hilarious if the last piece of the jigsaw was just a phantom titan and the word psyche

Firebird
12-10-2010, 06:20 PM
omg lol, that would be great Darthrex354 , But honestly looks like an imperial super heavy, maybe some type of super hell hound?

Melissia
12-11-2010, 05:53 AM
Don't be so hasty. We've only got 2/3 of the the picture.

Right, that trailer's a spur to its boot.

Faultie
12-16-2010, 06:21 AM
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/FW/valdflame1.jpg
So, that's what it looks like.

Sanguinary Dan
12-16-2010, 06:42 AM
Pity there's no information on when it will be released. But I want it. :)

MarneusCalgar
12-16-2010, 07:46 AM
Looks as a new tank for the IG, doesn´t it??

eldargal
12-16-2010, 07:51 AM
Soo. Not a Phantom Titan then.

Brass Scorpion
12-16-2010, 08:11 AM
Forge World Newsletter #258

After much speculation and excitement, we can at last reveal the full glory of the Malcador Infernus which you will be able to add to your Imperial ranks in the New Year!
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/FW/valdflame1.jpg

rustbucket
12-16-2010, 09:42 AM
Not a bad looking model... Would fit pretty well in a Krieg army...