PDA

View Full Version : Just a liitle help please! Little off topic.

mepo
12-04-2010, 08:35 AM
I was wondering if any one on bols played StarCraft 2?

Also I need a little help from the community! I am about to start playing and i find my self in a Dilemma. I do not know what race to play in game. I was looking over all of them and could not decide. So i came with this idea, since I am a Thousand Sons fan i wanted to pick the race that closely resembled the Sons of Magnus. This is where the help comes in.

If you are familiar with this game, who do you think is the closest race to resemble the Thousand Sons and why!

Thanks for the HELP in advance!

Connjurus
12-04-2010, 01:34 PM
I play SC2 on and off, but WoW takes up most of my video game time when I'm not playing some random Steam game.

As far as Thousand Sons go, well, you've got two choices - Chaos Space Marines for after the fall, or regular Space Marines before it.

If you pick Chaos Space Marines, keep in mind two very important things - your army won't be competitive, as Thousand Sons are too expensive to take en masse (although they compliment other units quite nicely), and your army will be very, very small. On the bright side, Thousand Sons post-heresy look AWESOME, and Tzeentchian Daemon Princes are the one shining star of a Thousand Sons list - take one of those, give it wings, Warptime, and Winds of Chaos, and you've got a scary beast right there. Also, Ahriman is a definite underrated unit in the Codex, and there are a few nasty tricks available to him - like casting Gift of Chaos three times while safely inside a Land Raider... ;)

If you pick regular Space Marines, it is more than possible to make a competitive army, AND opens you up to a whole lot of really nice conversion ideas. For instance, Raptors could easily be converted into marines that fly simply through their psychic powers. Thunder Hammer/SS Terminators could be represented by...crap, I forget the name, but the one sect of Thousand Sons from the book that were masters of creating those Telekinetic shields, while in the other hand they have those curved Egyptian canes that I forget the name of. The list goes on and on.

Cheers, and I hope you get into the hobby!

Double cheers for being a fan of Thousand Sons. ;)