PDA

View Full Version : The Invidious Requiem Kabal

Sorrowshard
12-03-2010, 11:51 PM
New on here and Just finished my final DE paint for my army , thought I would share it with you, and plug my blog a bit :oP

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_NBBvskbCFT0/TPnOpC1NwbI/AAAAAAAAAJ8/aypAhWNV6i4/s1600/DSC01528.JPG

More stuff here : http://rant1nem1n0r.blogspot.com/

Enjoy :D

Force21
12-04-2010, 12:09 AM
That is one amazing Warrior right there.

It looks simple but there quite alot of detail.

Great job!

isotope99
12-04-2010, 05:21 AM
Point source lighting has to be one of the most advanced hobby techniques and this looks great, in some ways better than the GW eavy metal versions that tend to go a bit OTT with this effect.

TSINI
12-04-2010, 05:55 AM
as has been said, the point source lighting is superb!

i've had to follow your blog now to see if you can keep this up over an entire army (which i hope you can because imagine how AWESOME that will look)

fuzzbuket
12-04-2010, 09:32 AM
WOW thats amazing!!!
the eyes and blue OSL are too good!!

my only question is are the legs in metallics or fantastic blending?

best DE ive seen yet!

-fuzz

Tynskel
12-04-2010, 10:49 AM
hah! OSL.

If we take the stone to the lab we can determine how old that eldar is!

Sorrowshard
12-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Hey , cheers for the kind words chaps.

In answer to the question on the metals , It is infact painted with metallics, I don't do NMM I dislike the effect, I feel that actual metalics add an air of realism/grit impossible to caoture with NMM which always looks cartoony, cartoony DE would suck.....

Umm, I dont get eh comment about the rock and eldar age ? could someone please fill me in ?

Cheers :D

Duke
12-04-2010, 08:21 PM
Great lighting source effect on that mini... Perhaps a short few posts on how you do it? I would love to incorporate that into my skills.

Duke

Fizyx
12-04-2010, 09:24 PM
Umm, I dont get eh comment about the rock and eldar age ? could someone please fill me in ?

Cheers :D

Probably take it in to measure the rate of radioactive decay, although you would need to know the initial concentration of radioactive material to get a true answer.

In any case, the figure is awesome, and I look forward to seeing a full squad of them.

Firebird
12-04-2010, 09:30 PM
Dang thats some good painting!

Sorrowshard
12-05-2010, 08:18 AM
Thanks guys, it actually turned into a bit of a mission to paint....I guess when I get ahead on my blog queu ,Ill try my hand at a tutorial ?

I have to finish my mechdar before I can really hack into the DE i'm building up