View Full Version : Path of the Seer cover art

eldargal
12-02-2010, 07:08 AM
Thanks to Iracundus over at Warseer for making me aware of this:
http://www.blacklibrary.com/Blog/FirstLookPathoftheSeerCoverArt.html
http://www.blacklibrary.com/Images/BL/blog/2010/11/Farseer-1.jpg
http://www.blacklibrary.com/Images/BL/blog/2010/11/Farseer-2.jpg
http://www.blacklibrary.com/Images/BL/blog/2010/11/Farseer-3.jpg

For those who don't know, the Farseer is Thirianna from Path of the Warrior.

I'd hit it.

DrLove42
12-02-2010, 07:22 AM
Sweeeet....and i mean the art not the whole lesbian Eldar thing going on in that post :P

Looking forward tot his book, and then path of the outcast...

Defenestratus
12-02-2010, 07:40 AM
Love the cover art. Hopefully the book is better than PotW. After I got over how excited I was to learn about the intricacies of Eldar society and interactions - the story itself was pretty rubbish.

I am hoping for a character that makes me want to throw rocks at puppies less than Korlandril did.

eldargal
12-02-2010, 08:02 AM
I didn't mind PotW story myself, though it could have been better. It was just so nice to get a decent Eldar novel. I had such high hopes of Farseer, and then it was mostly about humans.:rolleyes:
I just hope they don't kill Thirianna off.

Drew da Destroya
12-02-2010, 08:10 AM
I didn't mind PotW either, although it did feel like Korlandril was less a legitimate character, and more a vehicle for showing the various stages of Aspect Warrior-dom.

If they keep the same idea, then I worry that Thirianna will end up turning to crystal by the end of the book. Still, I'm excited for it... and the artwork for both of the books has been spectacular!

Gotthammer
12-02-2010, 08:12 AM
They won't kill her off, they'll replace her with a new character with all the emotion and personality of a rock, ignore the previous two thirds of a book of character development and plot - then kill her off. Can you tell I didn't like the end of Warrior?

Drew da Destroya
12-02-2010, 08:15 AM
lol. When 900,000 years old you are, emote so well you will not.

eldargal
12-02-2010, 08:19 AM
Yes, thats what I'm worried about, that the protagonist will die (though its a bit more complicated than that iwth Korlandril, in a way) at some point towards the end of each book. I think it would be far more poignant if the three friends end up irrevocably seperated. Korlandril as part of Karandras, Thirianna as a Farseer and whatsisname as an outcast.

They won't kill her off, they'll replace her with a new character with all the emotion and personality of a rock, ignore the previous two thirds of a book of character development and plot - then kill her off. Can you tell I didn't like the end of Warrior?

Gotthammer
12-02-2010, 11:02 AM
I was going to go into a full on rant about how Warrrior was basically a set up for the other novels and all rather pointless as Korlandril's plot threads had no resolution but here's one I prepared earlier (http://collegiatitanica.blogspot.com/2010/11/review-path-of-warrior.html) (scroll down to the Will Smith picture).

GrenAcid
12-02-2010, 06:46 PM
I didn't mind PotW story myself, though it could have been better. It was just so nice to get a decent Eldar novel. I had such high hopes of Farseer, and then it was mostly about humans.:rolleyes:
I just hope they don't kill Thirianna off.

I dindt mind story story in PoW, but I was dissapointed they go with scorpion aspect..for me it was easy way, but I loved fluff bits and whole eldar world-view.

Oh, and I really hope for her to die....she was so annoying in PoW thet she erned right to some painfull death.

eldargal
12-03-2010, 12:15 AM
I like Thirianna. I think our perspective of her in the book is coloured by the emotional immaturity of Korlandril. Or it could be I'm just a b*tch like her.:rolleyes:

GrenAcid
12-03-2010, 07:14 AM
Ill bet you are, Ill bet you are :D:D

We know what book is after Farseer?

Drew da Destroya
12-03-2010, 10:26 AM
I'd assume "Path of the Outcast", following around their long-lost buddy, and figuring out why he brings the Wrath of the Imperium upon their craftworld.

I kinda hope to see a "Path of the Incubi/Redeemed/Dark Kin/Whatever" following Bechareth's plotline... didn't speak a word, and he's the coolest character in the book.

GrenAcid
12-03-2010, 02:16 PM
Hes lack of lines wasnt cool IMO, maybe some book about eldar ship capitan taht would be somthing.

Drew da Destroya
12-03-2010, 03:27 PM
His backstory is what made him cool, in my own opinion. I'm a sucker for both Incubi, and redemption stories, so he's pretty much a one-two punch to my "cool" sensor.

Plus, his personality is still shining through, despite his lack of lines. Probably a more complex character than the main character, at least... although I guess that wasn't hard... except at the end, when I guess he's really quite metaphysically complex.

Deadlift
12-03-2010, 04:34 PM
You see thats proper cover art, Although I am really enjoying the hours heresy books, the artwork in that series is just plain dull, this piece of art grabs my attention much much more.

Farseer Uthiliesh
12-06-2010, 01:26 AM
I wouldn't tap that Farseer; cannot see enough of the wearer ;)

GrenAcid
12-06-2010, 04:39 AM
@Drew
Emm....he have no personality to shine at all, he is a background, and also a traitor(how in webway someone could drop being Incubi for Scorpion aspect:confused:)....so hes Incubi no more. Redemption?? more like weakness....he was to soft to be proper True Kin so he ran away.
Maybe its just me(cuz I liked main character, especialy that part when he was splashing hes anger afther he become jealous over girl...ehhh...) Remember that part with "kill some time"??

@Deadlift
Mechanicus have good one, Nemesis have good one....personal taste IMO.
BTW my attencion was grabed by gold leters saying "mechanicus" on front ;P