PDA

View Full Version : Horus Heresy Update

Craz
08-25-2009, 09:59 PM
Okay, so fifth edition's come out, and there were a lot of changes to the SM codex..is there any hope of getting an upgrade to the Horus Heresy campaign book? Chapter Tactics seem like one of the best ways to differentiate legions.

Aventine
08-27-2009, 02:56 AM
I'm working on making that happen...

Craz
08-27-2009, 09:01 PM
Woo! That little nugget just brightened my day.

Superpedro
09-01-2009, 04:42 PM
It really would be super sweet to get an update for this. I'm itching to start collecting a Luna wolves force.

firedancer
09-03-2009, 09:07 AM
That's going to be tricky isn't it Aventine? HH was written with the chapter trait goodies, which offered a greeat variety. Now you need to capture the chapter traits in the special character at the cost of combat tactics. And I guess a lesson from Badab is pricing these too high might make a Legion without special rules at the smaller end of games (Minotaurs in ship borne combats).

Sure you'll do a good job though!

firedancer
09-03-2009, 09:07 AM
Ooooo, Deathguard Sternguard! Someone get bigred......

Herald of Nurgle
09-25-2009, 03:27 PM
Ooooo, Deathguard Sternguard! Someone get bigred......
You sir just made my day...

Aventine
09-26-2009, 01:41 AM
Started work on the update today. :D

ThePov
09-26-2009, 09:16 AM
started work on the update today. :d
sweet!

Herald of Nurgle
09-26-2009, 11:04 AM
Started work on the update today. :D
EPIC APPROVAL!

Go Aventine, GOOOOO!!!! We needs us some Van-Death-Guard ASAP!

Aventine
09-27-2009, 07:06 AM
I might be working on some new Heresy stuff too...

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p6/ChrisCrusader/IW.jpg

Marshal Wilhelm
11-01-2009, 03:35 AM
That's going to be tricky isn't it Aventine? HH was written with the chapter trait goodies, which offered a greeat variety. Now you need to capture the chapter traits in the special character at the cost of combat tactics. And I guess a lesson from Badab is pricing these too high might make a Legion without special rules at the smaller end of games (Minotaurs in ship borne combats).

Sure you'll do a good job though!

Certainly not having a go at you firedancer but ugggh! SC to give chapter traits!? I hate it! Such a short-sighted idea from GW. :mad:

As you hint; Salamanders lose Salamanderishness just because Vulkan has an RDO - are you kidding me? :confused:Even if the SC were all super-dooper value, must you use them, just to make them "proper"? Uggh!

Please don't do this. SW, BT, BA and DA don't. Feel empowered to not do it. Please :D

Or if you must, could you do it like this: Buy a "Named" Vet Serg and for +10 pts he makes your force "proper" as you exchange combat tactics for the appropriate Chapter buff.